Put Your Prep in Focus
Here are our steps to starting your prep journey with your best foot forward.
- Study the structure. Use the study plan in our free GMAT™ Focus Official Starter Kit to become familiar with the exam format and structure. The study plan will guide you through each question type and give you sample questions. This will boost your confidence come test day when you know what to expect.
- Understand the question types. Beyond knowing how to answer questions correctly, learn what each type of question is asking of you. GMAT questions rely on logic and analytical skills, not underlying subject matter mastery, as detailed in the GMAT™ Official Guide 2023-2024 & Online Question Bank.
- Establish your baseline. Take GMAT™ Focus Official Focus Practice Exam 1 (FREE) to establish your baseline. It uses the same format and scoring algorithm as the real test, so you can use the score report to accurately assess your strengths and growth areas.
- Study answer explanations. Take advantage of each question you get wrong by studying correct answers, so you know how to get it right next time. GMAT™ Focus Official Practice Questions provide detailed answer explanations for hundreds of real GMAT questions. This will help you understand why you got a question right or wrong.
- Simulate the test-taking experience. Take GMAT™ Focus Official Focus Practice Exam 2. All GMAT™ Focus Official Practice Exams use the same algorithm, scoring, and timing as the real exam, so take them with test-day like conditions (e.g., quiet space, use the tools allowed on test day) for the truest prep experience.
Improved Performance Insights
The GMAT™ Focus Edition includes new and improved detailed performance insights included in your Official Score Report. But that’s not all! You can benefit from the same detailed insights after taking any GMAT™ Focus Official Practice Exam.
In addition to your total and section scores and percentile rankings, get insights by section, question type, and content domain (meaning, a specific area of knowledge), details on your time management, and data on how you performed compared to others that applied to the same program.
Dive deeper into these insights at Official Score Reports, or take a Practice Exam and see for yourself!