Before you take your GMAT exam online, you need to prepare your test taking workspace to comply with the policies and procedures.
During the check-in process, you will be asked to perform a 360-degree room/work area scan using your webcam, which will be monitored by the exam proctor. The proctor may ask you to remove items in the vicinity and re-check the room. If your workspace does not pass a room scan, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the exam.
- Please ensure that your desktop is clean and clear of all prohibited items noted below (water in a clear container is allowed).
- If you plan to use a physical whiteboard, have it, your dry erase marker(s), and eraser ready.
- Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected.
- Make sure your desk or table is in a location where you can plug your computer/laptop into a power source.
- Plan to have a wired Internet connection.
- Cover glass walls, glass doors, and windows prior to your exam.
Permitted Comfort Items
All items are subject to visual inspection by the Test Administrator.
Medicine & Medical Devices
- Auto-Injector, such as EpiPen
- Braces - neck, back, wrist, leg or ankle braces
- Casts - including slings for broken/sprained arms and other injury-related items that cannot be removed
- Cough Drops - must be unwrapped and not in a bottle/container
- Eye Drops
- Eye Patches
- Eyeglasses, without the case, including tinted lenses
- Glucose Tablets (does not include hard candy) - must be unwrapped and not in a bottle/container
- Hearing aids/Cochlear implant
- Medical Alert Bracelet
- Medical device – Must be attached to a person’s body
- Continuous Glucose Monitor
- Insulin Pump
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- TENS Unit
- Medical Foot Stool
- Nasal Drops/Spray
- Oxygen Tank
- Pills - must be unwrapped and not in a bottle/container, unless packaging states they MUST remain in the packaging, such as nitro glycerin pills that cannot be exposed to air. Packaging must be properly inspected.
- Motorized Scooters/Chairs
During the exam, you may not access the following personal items: mobile phones, headphones or headsets (wired or Bluetooth), handheld computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (or other head coverings), bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved. Also, you may not use unapproved physical writing materials such as paper, pen, pencils, chalkboards, or other prohibited writing tablets. All items and devices must be placed out of sight/reach while you take the exam and may not be accessed during the break. Eating, smoking, and chewing gum are also prohibited.