What are the acceptable forms of ID?
- International travel passport: A passport is always required when taking the exam at a location outside of your country of citizenship. Expired passports are not acceptable and renewal papers do not make an expired passport valid.
- In some locations, additional forms of ID (other than a passport) may be acceptable. Be sure to check the requirements for your location here.
Your ID must be current*, legible, and include:
- Your name using the Roman alphabet, shown exactly as you provided when you registered, including the order and placement of your name(s)
- Date of birth that matches exactly the date provided when you registered
- A recent, recognizable photograph
- Your signature
Test Center Appointment: If you are unable to provide one form of ID that includes ALL of the above elements at your test center, you will be required to present a second ID that is acceptable for your location that includes the missing elements.
The following forms of identification are unacceptable and will not be accepted:
- Expired identification*
- Passport cards
- Social security cards
- Draft classification cards
- Credit cards
- Employee or student IDs
- Letters from your university or college
- IDs with physical descriptions in place of photos
- Photocopies of any form of ID
- Selfies, portraits, or profile photos
- Any other kind of ID that does not meet the requirements described above
If you have questions about ID requirements, contact GMAC Customer Care.
*We know under the current COVID-19 pandemic, access to some services has been interrupted. As a result, acceptable IDs with an expiration date between January 01, 2020, and the date of the exam will be accepted.
What do I need to know for exam day?
Test Center Appointment: On exam day, if you do not have an appropriate ID with you at the test center, you will forfeit your exam fee, and you will need to pay the full fee again to reschedule. There are no exceptions.
Online Appointment: On exam day, you MUST have previously uploaded (at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled exam) an appropriate ID during registration AND have the exact same ID with you for the online proctor to verify. If you do not, you will forfeit your exam fee, and you will need to pay the full fee again to reschedule. There are no exceptions.