What You Will Need to Agree to on Test Day
Read the GMAT™ Handbook – What you need to know and what you agree to when scheduling your GMAT exam.
- I have read and I understand and agree to the procedures and rules I was shown when I checked in with the test administrator.
- I certify that I am the person whose name and address appear on the application check-in screen.
- I have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the GMAT™ Handbook, including without limitation those related to:
- GMAT fees, re-test and other testing policies, and score cancellations for irregularities and inappropriate examinee conduct
- Ownership of the GMAT test, all rights therein, and all test related records by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)
- Privacy policies describing the collection, use, processing, protection and transmission to the United States of my personal information (including the digital photograph, palm vein pattern, signature, and audio and video recording collected at the test center), my test responses and describing the disclosure of such data to GMAC, its service providers, and score recipients I select, and others as necessary to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity or as required by law. (Available at mba.com/privacy.)
- The exclusive remedies available to me in the event of an error in scheduling, administration or security of the reporting of my scores
- I understand that the GMAT test is a confidential and secure test, protected by civil and criminal laws of the United States and elsewhere.
- I certify that I have not knowingly accessed “live” GMAT questions or answers that might appear on my test and will not discuss the content of the exam with anyone.
- I will not record, copy, or disclose any exam questions or answers, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means before, during, or after I take the GMAT exam (orally; in writing; in any Internet “chat room,” message board, or forum; by SMS or text; or otherwise).
- I understand and agree that if I provide false information or if I violate any of the GMAT rules and procedures, or any other terms or conditions stated in the GMAT™ Handbook:
- The test administrator may immediately dismiss me from the test session.
- My scores may be canceled without refund, and a school receiving my scores may be informed of the reason for the cancellation.
- I may be banned from retaking the GMAT exam.
- I may be subject to other consequences, as GMAC or Pearson VUE deems appropriate.
- I understand that, after finishing the test, I will be prompted to decide whether to cancel or report my test scores. I understand and agree that if I do not select either the “Report Scores” or “Cancel Scores” option within the time allotted, my scores will be canceled automatically.
- I understand that if I do not agree to these conditions, I will not be permitted to take the test, and I will forfeit my test fee.
- After the GMAT exam, you must not:
- Disclose in any fashion any exam question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means (orally, in writing, on any Internet “chat room,” via SMS/text, or otherwise).
- Exam results are encrypted and transmitted to Pearson VUE and GMAC. The palm vein pattern template and the digital photograph may be compared against those of other test takers for fraud detection purposes.
- For additional information concerning the collection, transmission, and processing of your personal data (including, without limitation, exam results, palm vein pattern template, photograph and signature, and the audio/video recording), refer to the GMAC Privacy Statement available in the GMAT™ Handbook and at mba.com.
- By providing my digital signature, I give GMAC and Pearson VUE my permission to retain, process, store and transmit the following:
- My personal information related to the exam.
- My palm vein pattern scan data.
- The digital photograph of me taken at the test center.
- The video and audio recordings that include me from the test center.
- My test responses to the United States, which may be outside of the country in which I am testing.
- I understand the information provided above and agree to comply with and be bound by this GMAT Examination Testing Rules Agreement.