School Expert Q&A: EDHEC Business School
The EDHEC Business School has five global locations: Lille, Nice, Paris, London, and Singapore.
Nilesh Gaikwad is India Admissions Representative at EDHEC Business School, France. He is an EDHEC Alumnus - MSc degree (Strategy Consultancy) and an IT Engineer from Mumbai University. Nilesh is currently working to enhance his alma-mater, EDHEC's presence in India. Nilesh answers your questions below.
About the Program
- Name of the School: EDHEC Business School
- School Location: Five locations globally: Lille, Nice, Paris, London, and Singapore
- Year School Started: 1906
- Global Ranking: Master in Management – 14th worldwide 2013, Financial Times and
Master of Science in Finance – 4th worldwide 2013, Financial Times
- Name of the Programs: Master in Management (Double Degree program), Master of Science in Business Management, Master of Science in Financial Economics
- GMAT™ Score: Minimum score is between 550-650 depending on the program. School’s average GMAT score is 650.
- Work Experience Requirement: We maintain a fine balance between freshers and working professionals.
- English Proficiency Requirement: Not mandatory for students who have spent more than two years in an English speaking country. Alternatively, the following TOEFL or IELTS scores are required:
- TOEFL Internet based >100
- TOEFL 603/250
- TOEIC >815
- IELTS 6.5
- Letters of Recommendation: Two are required: supervisor at work and faculty from college. In case of freshers, both recommendations from faculty.
- Interview/Group Discussion: Paper-based application. Usually the selection process happens by reviewing a students’ profile and cross checking the details submitted. In some rare cases a student will be asked to appear for telephone interview.
- How does one apply for the program? Visit the EDHEC website at http://www.edhec.edu/.
- What is the application fee? Euros 100/-.
- Where do I get a copy of the application form? EDHEC Website at http://www.edhec.edu/.
- When does the application process start? On a rolling basis.
- What is the last date to apply? June 30
- What is the range of GMAT scores for accepted Indian students? Minimum score is between 550-650 depending on the program. School’s average GMAT score is 650.
- Is there a requirement of 16 years of study prior to applying? For the Master in Management, the criteria is three-year Bachelor degree or higher. For the Master of Science, the criteria is four-year Bachelor degree or equivalent or higher.
- What constitutes work experience? Full-time work experience post-completion of Bachelors.
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? After you submit the application file, EDHEC/s selection committee takes maximum 15-20 working days to come to a decision.
- Whom should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status? You can check application online or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees & Other Expenses
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a foreign student? MIM tuition fees: Euro 30600/- MSc Tuition Fees: Euro 18000/- to 21500/- (depending on chosen specialization).
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the program? Euro 1000/- per month.
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? If yes what? Personal expenditure outside of the ones mentioned above.
- Are there any job opportunities on campus that can be pursued while the programme is on, to lower the overall cost impact? EDHEC Job Management is an association that posts part-time job offers for students throughout the year.
Financial Support Options
- What are the scholarship options available for the students? The French government offers scholarship options to meritorious students. Topping this list is the Eiffel scholarship. Any outstanding student getting admitted to EDHEC before December can be nominated through EDHEC for the said scholarship. In addition, EDHEC also provides scholarships in terms of tuition fee (part of) waiver for deserving students.
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? To name a few: excellent academic achievements, work experience (if any), statement of intent, overall file submitted, or correlation between past experience and degree being pursued.
- What are the options of availing a loan? You will have to approach the banks on your own. Campus France can provide a letter of recommendation for approval of loan.
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? Student will have to find out the details from the respective banks.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? Student will have to find out the details from the respective banks.
- Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? Unfortunately EDHEC does not has partnerships with any banks in India.
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel Accommodation Facilities of the School
- How many intakes in a year and when? Only one (every September).
- Size of the intake? Around 600 intakes for Master in Management and 300 for Master of Science
- What is the percent of foreign students in an average class/intake? Around 40 percent.
- What are the specializations available?
Business Management Track:
- Marketing Management
- Law & Tax Management
- Global Business
- Strategy & Organization Consultancy
Financial Management Track:
- Audit & Management Control
- Corporate Finance and Banking
- Financial Markets
- Risk & Finance
- What percent of the batch finds jobs within three months of graduation? 90 percent.
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? Depends on a number of factors, such as: work location, student’s profile etc. Within Europe it should start at minimum Euro 2000/month for a business management graduate whereas it will be higher for financial management graduate.
- What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this program? Banking, Financial Sector, Insurance, Consulting, Automobile, Luxury, among others.
For further questions regarding admissions, programs and application process at EDHEC, write to: email@example.com.