Two-Year Full-Time MBA Programs
Two-year MBA programs are ideal for both career switchers and career enhancers.
- Programs usually last four semesters, which are spread out over two academic years
- There is a three- or four-month break for an internship
- Core course requirements are generally completed during the first year; sometimes one or two courses may carry over to the second year
- Functional specialization, a specific concentration of study and/or elective courses round out the second year
- Students often relocate to attend these programs
Did you know? Global companies sometimes send employees for a total immersion experience in countries that represent an important business market. Consulting firms and investment banks may require employees to earn a master's degree before they can be promoted.
- Course work can be customized through electives and concentrations
- A wide variety of academic backgrounds are accepted
- Student collaboration is encouraged
- Internships offer a chance to learn and practice new skills, enhance your résumé, and line up post-graduate employment
- Students have time to participate in local business and alumni events and expand your network
- Students have access to career services, social and professional clubs, speaker series, career counseling, and other "campus life" activities
- Students should have well-defined career goals, as a lack of career focus can limit the value of what you gain from networking opportunities
- Students must be able to afford spending two years out of the workforce