Highlight International Experience On Your Resume
In this global economy, employers look for international experience.
Whether you choose to earn your entire graduate business degree abroad or opt to spend a semester studying as part of an exchange program, your international experience will instantly set you apart and make you more attractive to employers.
Here are six reasons why it’s a smart idea to include your international experience on your resume:
- During the job search process, you can stress how the skills you’ve gained will benefit the organization and add value to your role.
- Thanks to globalization, many companies look for international experience as they expand overseas operations, enter new markets, or develop international partnerships.
- With a strong understanding of cultural and business norms, you will be more effective in developing global solutions to universal problems.
- If you develop and lead a project while overseas, you will demonstrate that you are able to bridge cultural differences to deliver desired results.
- Studying abroad will strengthen your leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills, all of which are important in the workplace.
- Students who study abroad are viewed as independent, self-reliant, adaptable, open-minded, patient and tolerant.