School Expert Q&A: SP Jain Institute of Management and Research for GMP
About the Program?
SPJIMR’s GMP partners with three European, one UK and four US highly ranked B-schools. It is a full-time course with two cohorts a year (Jan & Jun). The credits earned at GMP are accepted by partner schools towards completion of the MBA/MS degree. Dutch/German/ French is taught as part of the curriculum. Depending on the Partner school and the programme selected the total duration of the programme can be between 12- 24 months ( including 6 months of GMP).
Name of the school? Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
School location? Andheri West, Mumbai
Year school started? 1981
Any ranking of the school? Masters in Management – FT Ranking 2021, SPJIMR is 2nd amongst Indian Business Schools and 39th globally
QS Global MBA Ranking 2022 - SPJIMR is one of the seven Indian business schools to make it to the QS Global MBA rankings for the year 2022 (the other six are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, ISB, IIM Indore and IIM Lucknow) . This is the sixth consecutive year that SPJIMR is on this elite list. SPJIMR is part of the 151-200 rankings bracket for the third consecutive year.
Read more: https://www.spjimr.org/discover-spjimr
Name of the program? SPJIMR’s GMP (Global Management Programme) (Website: https://www.spjimr.org/gmp)
Admission Criteria? Graduation in any stream with 55% and above can apply, Candidates in the last year of graduation can also apply.
- Amongst Partner Schools, Aston Business School, Robert H. Smith School of Business & USC Marshall School of Business require language proficiency. Click here for more details
- Both freshers and candidates with work experience can apply
- NMAT - 80 percentile. If you do not have a valid NMAT score, you can apply as a deferred candidate, complete the GMP application form, attend the interviews and submit the scores later.
NMAT score range: 80 percentile
Work Experience requirement, if any? Freshers can apply to the MS in Management programmes with specialisations. To apply for an MBA, 2 or more years of full time work experience is required depending on the eligibility criteria of the partner school.
Interview Process: On receipt of the Application form, an interview will be scheduled with SPJIMR once the candidate clears that the Partner school will interview her/him. The schools jointly decide on the selection of candidates for the programme. The final results of the interviews will be released within 15-20 days of the interview process and an Offer Letter will be issued.
Group Discussion process: SPJIMR conducts group interviews and Partner schools conduct interviews individually.
How does one apply for the programme?
- Aspirants need to fill the GMP Application and partner school form. GMP Application fee = Rs 1500, no fee is to be paid for the partner school application form. Candidates can select a maximum of two different partner schools based on the eligibility criteria of each business school.
- Aspirants who have applied for SPJIMR’s PGDM or PGPMcan use their registration number and apply for GMP without paying any application fees.
- Individual forms are to be filled for the partner schools in the US and The Netherlands but no extra application fee is to be paid.
- On receipt of the Application form, an interview will be scheduled with SPJIMR once the candidate clears that the Partner school will interview her/him. The schools jointly decide on the selection of candidates for the programme. The final results of the interviews will be released within 15-20 days of the interview process and an Offer Letter will be issued.
What is the Application fee? Rs 1500 for SPJIMR and no application fee is to be paid for the partner school form.
Where do I get a copy of the Application form? Website: www.spjimr.org,
When does the application process start?
- There are 2 cohorts annually (Jan & June), form is available on our website throughout the year and interviews are conducted on a rolling basis.
- Admissions Open for January 2023 Cohort, Apply Now
What is the last date to apply? Monday, October 3, 2022
What is the Admission Process?
Applicants will have to go through the following process:
- Create your login
- Verify email
- Fill application form online
- Upload required documents
- Pay application fee
What was the NMAT score cut-off for accepted students for 2019 intake? NMAT scores are being accepted from 2022 onwards.
What constitutes work experience? Work experience includes only paid full time work after completion of graduation. Articleship/Apprentices/Internship etc which form an integral part of the course are not considered as work experience.
When should I expect an invitation for an interview? Subject to all eligibility criteria being fulfilled and initial screening the aspirant will receive an interview call within a week.
Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application? For any queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Divya Mahesh 9820866719 or Vidya Hire 8108545484
What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a student? The fee for GMP = 6.5 lakhs plus GST
The TOTAL cost ( tuition fees + living expenses) of study at SPJIMR – GMP and international partner school varies between Rs 21 lakhs to Rs 66 lakhs
What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme?
- In India, the cost of living would be around approx. 2 lakhs (hostel and food)
- The cost of living at UK/Europe is 15,000 USD per annum, US is 19,000 USD per annum (hostel and food)
Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? Visa and travel cost ( this is included in the total cost mentioned above)
What are the scholarship options available for NMAT by GMAC students? Applicants applying through NMAT can submit the application with the voucher and need not pay the application fees.
What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? All participants applying through GMP are eligible for a scholarship on the tuition fees as part of the collaboration between the two Institutions.
What are the options of availing a loan? SPJIMR’s GMP facilitates collateral free loans and has collaborated with HDFC Credila, Axis Bank and Saraswat Bank for the same. Details can be shared with aspirants on request.
What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? Candidates can get upto Rs. 35 Lakhs without collateral and upto 100% with collateral depending on the bank policies. For the documents aspirants can connect with the representative.
At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? The Relationship Manager from the bank shall help out with the above details
Does the Institute/School help in getting a loan? SPJIMR’s GMP facilitates collateral free loans. Loan can be applied for with the Offer Letter issued by SPJIMR.
How many intakes in a year and when? There are 2 intakes annually (Jan and June)
Size of the intake? Jan = 30 , June = 50
What is the geographical representation of the candidates at your school? Any student exchange programs available at your school? Participants PAN India enrol for GMP and represent the following states (Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Telengana, Uttarakhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh GMP is a unique programme where the candidate starts the journey in India and completes the same in EUROPE/UK/USA
What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? We have a track record of 100% placement assistance. Participants across schools find internships within 3 months of graduation. Internship often leads to jobs. Our alumni is working with best brands globall like PwC, deloitte,IMF,BASF etc
What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? As the participants complete their MBA/MS degree in Europe/UK/US the average expected salary after internship varies between:
- 85,000$ to 1,20,000$ (Rs 66 to Rs 94 lakhs)in US
- 45,000 Euro to 65,000 Euro in Europe (Rs 37 lakhs to Rs 53 lakhs)
- 41,000 to 65,000 in UK (Rs 39 lakhs to Rs 62 lakhs)
What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this programme? Information & Communication, Marketing, Finance & Insurance, International Commerce, Logistics, Information systems, Operations management, Healthcare, Retail operations etc
Does your school run any initiatives to promote classroom diversity? SPJIMR is known for the gender diversity in the classroom. In GMP we encourage participants from different educational and professional backgrounds. Medical Doctor, RJ, Professors, teachers, lawyers, sports team manager etc have been part of the cohort.