School Expert Q&A: IFMR
Get answers to your questions about graduate management education from admissions professionals across the globe.
About the Program
- Name of the School: IFMR Graduate School of Business, Krea University
- School Location: Sricity, Andhra Pradesh
- Year School Started: 1970. Started its flagship program, PGDM, in 2000
- Global Ranking: A*** (State Level) and A** (National Level)
- Name of the Program: Master of Business Administration
- NMAT score range: 220 and above
- Work Experience requirement, if any? 0 – 36 Months full-time experience
- Interview Process : There are two stages in the selection process: Shortlist For WAT and PI. All the parameters (qualifying parameters) mentioned in the eligibility criteria will be considered while screening the application to shortlist candidates for WAT and PI. WAT and PI are conducted on the same day. The mode of WAT and PI process will be updated on the official website
- Group Discussion process: NA
- Any other requirement in the admissions process? Graduates of full-time degree course and candidates in the final year of the undergraduate degree can apply. Candidates from ODL (Open and Distance Learning) institutions are also eligible to apply as per the UGC policy and notification. Applicants must have valid scores of one (or more) of the competitive exams as mentioned in the eligibility criteria. From among the entrance exam score given by the applicant, the best score will be considered subject to meeting the eligibility cut off. Work experience is not mandatory. The admissions process comprises of two rounds i.e. Round 1 & Round 2, wherein candidates having work experience between 0 – 36 months can apply in either of the rounds.
- How does one apply for the programme? Apply online through https://ifmrgsbadmissions.krea.edu.in/
- What is the Application fee? INR 1500
- Where do I get a copy of the Application form? Apply online through https://ifmrgsbadmissions.krea.edu.in/
- When does the application process start? The application process for MBA Batch 2022-24 will be starting in the month of October 2021.
- What is the last date to apply? TBD
- Applicants will have to go through the following process.
- Shortlist For WAT and PI: All the parameters (qualifying parameters) mentioned in the eligibility criteria will be considered while screening the application to shortlist candidates for WAT and PI
- Written Ability Test (WAT) And Personal Interview (PI): WAT and PI are conducted on the same day. The mode of WAT and PI process will be updated on the official website
- What was the NMAT score cut-off for accepted students for 2019 intake? NMAT Score of 220 and above.
- What constitutes work experience? Full-time employment supported by certificate from employer(s).
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? To be communicated later.
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application? For queries / information, please write to or call: firstname.lastname@example.org, 044 – 7165 0123 / 93601 34757 / 93601 34758
Fees & Other Expenses
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a student? To be updated on the official website
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme? To be updated on the official website
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? If yes what? Refundable Caution Deposit: INR 25,000 and personal expenses.
Financial Support Options Available to Students
- What are the scholarship options available for NMAT by GMAC students?
- Full tuition fee waiver scholarship
- Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
- T. Thomas Scholarship For Business Leaders
- Merit Scholarships
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? Full tuition fee waiver scholarship- To help outstanding students overcome financial obstacles in their pursuit of a quality education, IFMR GSB will offer full tuition fee waiver scholarships up to three meritorious students. No separate application is required. The Scholarship Committee automatically considers all qualified applicants. The tuition fee waiver scholarships are awarded based on the overall evaluation of candidates. Evaluation criteria include academic record, scores on competitive exams, extra-curricular achievements and performance in written test and interview.
Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship- The School extends scholarships to students in need of financial assistance. The objective of the scholarship policy is to ensure that a meritorious student is not deprived of education for financial reasons. This process is intended for those students who have a pressing need for financial assistance. Eligibility: Minimum CGPA of 3.33 at the end of Term 3; Annual family income less than INR 10 Lakhs
T. Thomas Scholarship for Business Leaders- IFMR GSB has been selected by Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) for the award of T. Thomas Scholarship for Business Leaders to the second-year MBA student based on the academic performance at the end of Term-3. The scholarship amount shall be INR 1 Lakh.
Merit Scholarships- Based on the CGPA at the end of the second year, merit scholarships are awarded, the details of which are given below:
- First Rank: INR 2 Lakhs
- Next three ranks: INR 1 Lakh each to three students
- What are the options of availing a loan? WeMakeScholars is an organization funded and supported by the IT Ministry, Govt of India with a motive to offer unbiased education loan support to aspirants. They are associated with 10+ public/banks and NBFCs in India and provide assistance to find the best education loan matching your profile. This application process is a free of charge initiative under the Digital Indian campaign which has benefited more than 10,000 students. Banks that facilitate loan process for candidates offered admission by IFMR GSB are Axis Bank, HDFC Credilla, ICICI Bank
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? At the discretion of the respective bank.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? At the discretion of the respective bank.
- Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? Krea University will only facilitate access to education loans from banks without any obligation on its part.
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel Accommodation/Other Details
- How many intakes in a year? One intake
- Size of the intake? Approx. 180
- What are the specializations available? IFMR MBA program lays a strong foundation in the management by offering a set of core courses in the areas of Data Science & Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Accounting, & Quantitative Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources, Operations Management, and Strategic Management.
- What is the geographical representation of the candidates at your school? Any student exchange programs available at your school? Refer to the official website
- What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? 100%
- Does your school run any initiatives to promote classroom diversity? We conduct Open House events in all major cities in India to attract students from all over the country. We encourage applications from women candidates, those with work experience, and applicants from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics