School Profile: IIM Bangalore
Explore Information about IIM Bangalore.
1. About the Program?
- Name of the school? Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- School location? Bangalore
- Year school started? 1973
- Any global ranking? Financial Times has rated IIMB’s doctoral programme in the Top 50 globally. IIMB is the only Indian Business School to feature in the Financial Times Executive Education 2015 Top 50 Rankings. For the seventh consecutive year, in 2014, IIM Bangalore has been ranked the best business school in Central Asia by Eduniversal, Paris. IIMB received the prestigious Obama-Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative Award in 2013. IIM Bangalore has recently topped the list of best management institutes in the ‘India Ranking 2016’ – the first-ever national ranking of universities by the Government of India.
2. Name of the program? Executive PGP (EPGP) – One year full time residential programme.
3. Admission Criteria?
- GMAT™ score? Yes.
- Work Experience requirement? EPGP – Minimum 4 yrs of work experience after graduation.
- English Proficiency requirement? Proficient in English.
- Letters of recommendations? Two letters of recommendation are required.
- Interview/Group Discussion? Interview Yes; no GD.
- Others; Note writing at the time of interview? Applicants are to write a short note on a topic given on the spot.
4. What is the Application Process?
- How does one apply for the programme? online: http://www.iimb.ac.in/admissions
- What is the Application fee? Round 1 – INR:3,000/- Round 2 – INR: 4,500/-
- Where do I get a copy of the Application form? online: http://www.iimb.ac.in/admissions
- When does the application process start? Round 1 – 1st Jun to 31st Aug 2016; Round 2 – 1st Sep to 5th Dec.
- What is the last date to apply? The deadline for Round 1 - 31st Aug and the deadline for Round 2 - 5th Dec.
5. What is the Admission Process?
- What is the range of GMAT scores for accepted students? While the GMAT is a qualifying test to be taken, there is no specified minimum limit. Last year, for EPGP Program, the range was between 690 and 760.
- Is there a requirement of 16 years of study prior to applying? Min of 15 years (10+2+3 in Indian system of education or equivalent)
- What constitutes work experience? Only work experience after graduation is considered. Articleship, summer placement, project work in industries and any other industry exposure as part of the education system are not considered.
- Is there a minimum cut off for TOEFL/IELTS/PTE test scores? Not applicable.
- Who should letters of recommendation come from? Ideally, the recommendation should come from someone senior to the applicant who knows the applicant’s work. Three criteria for an ideal recommendation would be 1) Is senior to the applicant 2) Has worked with the applicant and 3) the applicant’s work has impacted the recommender.
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? EPGP: Round 1: Mid Sep; Round 2: Mid Dec
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status? email@example.com
6. Fees & other expenses?
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a foreign student? EPGP: INR 23.82L. PGP 25L
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme? PGP 1.5 lakhs.
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? If yes what? While basic living and tuition costs are covered, you may need to account for your personal expenses.
- Are there any job opportunities on campus that can be pursued while the programme is on, to lower the overall cost impact? No. The programme is quite intense and you will need exclusive focus on the same.
7. What is the financial support option available to students?
- What are the scholarship options available for the students? 15 scholarship for EPGP INR 5.00L each.
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? Need and merit basis.
- What are the options of availing a loan? Based on your admission to the program, there would be a panel of banks wanting to lend. The terms of lending are discussed between the applicant and the bank.
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? Documents, depends from bank to bank, usually students get up to 80% of the fee as loan.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? Interest rates and repayment schedules vary from bank to bank. The student will have to negotiate these with the bank. Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? Institute will bring the students and the bankers together for getting the education loan sanctioned.
8. Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel accommodation facilities of the school?
- How many intakes in a year and when? Only one intake/batch per year; EPGP programmes start in the month of Apr.
- Size of the intake? EPGP admits 75 students per year.
- What is the % of foreign students in an average class/intake? While there would be a number of students of Indian origin who apply from abroad, the number of foreign passport holders would be few.
- What are the specializations available? Please check the website for a detailed list
- What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? All students of the programme will find challenging assignments before 3 months.
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? For the last class the average salary for EPGP: was INR 25.0 L
- What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this programme? Consulting, Strategy, BFSI, Leadership Programmes, Technology, Services, Marketing and sales, and Manufacturing were some of the functions where large number of offers were made.