Providing GMAT™ Exam Access to All Test Takers
GMAC, the global non-profit council of business schools and administrator of the GMAT exam, strives to make its products and services broadly accessible. We ensure that accommodations are available for test takers who meet certain eligibility criteria and properly document their request.
Read both the GMAT Handbook and the GMAT Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities carefully. The GMAT™ Handbook provides critical information that every test taker, with or without a disability, must know to take the GMAT exam. The Supplement provides additional guidance on the process for requesting GMAT accommodations.
Requesting Reasonable Test Accommodations if You Have a Disability
If you believe you have a disability that prevents you from taking the GMAT Exam under standard conditions, you may request accommodations by completing these steps:
- Create a candidate profile in MBA.com that captures your contact information and provides an ID number. It is important that you do not register for the GMAT until you receive an accommodation decision. A standard testing appointment cannot be changed to an accommodated testing appointment, and you cannot register for an accommodated testing appointment until and unless we approve your accommodation request. If we approve your request, we will give you directions at that time as to how to schedule accommodated testing appointments.
- Read both the GMAT Handbook and the GMAT Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities carefully.
- Gather documentation as described by disability type in the GMAT Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning and Cognitive Disorders
- Physical and Systemic Disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities
- Sensory Disabilities (Vision and Hearing)
- Click on ‘Apply for Accommodations’ at the bottom of this webpage to complete an accommodation request and to attach supporting documentation. We cannot accept accommodation requests that are submitted by email.
- You will receive a confirmation message via email after you have successfully submitted an Accommodation Request Form. Within 24 hours of your submission, your mba.com ‘My Account’ page will also be updated to reflect any submitted accommodation requests.
- GMAC will send a written decision to the test taker with instructions for next steps.
Who to Contact for Support
GMAC makes all decisions regarding eligibility for accommodations on assessments. You should email GMAC at email@example.com if you have any questions about request preparation or about an accommodation decision you have received.
For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions about testing accommodations.