Acceptable Forms of ID
- International travel passport: A passport is always required when taking the exam at a location outside of your country of citizenship. Expired passports are not acceptable and renewal papers do not make an expired passport valid.
- In some locations, additional forms of ID (other than a passport) may be acceptable. Be sure to check the requirements for your location.
Your ID must be current, legible, and include:
- Your name using the Roman alphabet, shown exactly as you provided when you registered, including the order and placement of your name(s)
- Date of birth that matches exactly the date provided when you registered
- A recent, recognizable photograph
- Your signature
Test Center Appointment: If you are unable to provide one form of ID that includes ALL the above elements at your test center, you will be required to present a second ID that is acceptable for your location that includes the missing elements.
Unacceptable Forms of ID
- Expired identification
- Passport cards
- Social security cards
- Draft classification cards
- Credit cards
- Employee or student IDs
- Letters from your university or college
- IDs with physical descriptions in place of photos
- Photocopies of any form of ID
- Selfies, portraits, or profile photos
- Any other kind of ID that does not meet the requirements described above
Questions About ID Documents
For general questions about acceptable identification, contact GMAC Customer Care.