The GMAT Focus Edition is 2 hours and 15 minutes long (with one optional 10-minute break) and consists of 64 questions in total:
- Quantitative Reasoning: 21 questions, 45 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning: 23 questions, 45 minutes
- Data Insights: 20 questions, 45 minutes
The GMAT Focus Edition gives you control of your testing experience with test taker-friendly features and flexible score sending options.
Question Review & Edit
The Question Review & Edit tool gives you more control over the answers to your questions by allowing you to edit responses later in each section. With this tool, you can spend less time on questions you’re unsure about, knowing you can go back to these responses and update them. Here is how it works:
- As you move through a section, you can bookmark questions that you would like to review later.
- When you have answered all questions in a section, you will proceed to the Question Review & Edit screen for that section. Note: If there is no time remaining in the section, you will NOT proceed to the Question Review & Edit screen and you will automatically be moved to your optional break screen or the next section (if you have already taken your optional break).
- Each Question Review & Edit screen includes a numbered list of the questions in that section and indicates the questions you bookmarked.
- Clicking a question number will take you to that specific question.
- You can review as many questions as you would like and can edit up to three (3) answers.
Select Section Order
You can answer the three sections in any order, giving you a more personalized testing experience. You can also take your optional 10-minute break whenever you choose: after the first section, or after the second. This means you can adapt the exam to exactly how you’ve prepared for it, giving you more opportunities to perform at your best.
Flexible Score Sending
You can select which schools you want to receive your free score reports after you've taken the exam, knowing exactly how you performed. This means you can focus on taking the test without worrying about your score going to schools yet.
Detailed Results Delivered Fast
Within 3-5 days* of completing the exam, you will received a detailed Official Score Report that provides deep insights into your performance across the exam, including (but not limited to):
- Performance by Section
- Performance by Program & School
- Performance by Content Domain (subject area), Question Type, and Skills
- Time Management
Learn more at Official Score Reports.
*May occasionally take up to 20 days.