School Expert Q&A: LM Thapar School Of Management
LM Thapar School Of Management answers questions about their program.
Dr. Padmakumar Nair prior to his current position as the Director & Dean at LM Thapar School of Management has been a Clinical Professor of organisation, strategy and international management and the Academic Director of the Leadership Centre at the University of Texas, Dallas, USA. Having worked both in academia and industry, he has an illustrious experience of over 28 years in diverse industries from oil and gas (Shell in Amsterdam) and education (Denmark, US, Japan, Netherlands, China) to consultancy (Price Waterhouse Coopers, Japan, UK and US) and advanced R&D (Netherlands, Japan and US). Dr. Nair specialises in organisational leadership, entrepreneurship and nanotechnology and is a visiting scholar at the University of Cambridge (UK), University of Twente (Netherlands), Chonnam National University (South Korea) and Wuhan University (China).
About the Program
- Name of the school? LM Thapar School of Management
- School location? Off Derabassi-Barwala Road, District Mohali-140507
- Year school started? 2007
- Any global ranking?
- 1st in Global sensitivity
- 13th Ranked amongst top business schools (Non-IIM's)
- 21st rank amongst the top business schools (Business India B-School survey Dec 2016)
- Top 15 Higher Education Institutions in India (by U-Multirank)
- In Top 100 B-Schools in India as per NIRF 2017
- Name of the program? Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- GMAT™ score: 550 score
- Work Experience requirement: Not mandatory but preferred
- English Proficiency requirement: Mandatory
- Letters of recommendation: Not mandatory
- Interview/Group Discussion: Mandatory
What is the Application Process?
- How does one apply for the program? Online application form
- What is the application fee? Rs 1000
- Where do I get a copy of the application form? By visiting our website lmtsm.thapar.edu or you can directly visit http://lmtsm.thapar.edu/admissions/apply-online.php
- When does the application process start? October 2017
- What is the last date to apply? 31st Jan 2018
What is the Admission Process?
- What is the range of GMAT scores for accepted students? 550 and above
- Is there a requirement of 16 years of study prior to applying? Yes
- What constitutes work experience? Full time paid work
- Is there a minimum cut off for TOEFL/IELTS/PTE test scores? Not applicable
- Who should letters of recommendation come from? N/A
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? 15th Feb 2018
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?
Fees & Other Expenses?
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a foreign student?
- For SAARC and GULF Nations: US $7700 per year
- Nations other than SAARC and GULF: US $10700 per year
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the program? US $2000 for shared room and US $2400 for single room per year
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? Yes, mess fees
- Are there any job opportunities on campus that can be pursued while the programme is on, to lower the overall cost impact? No
What are the Financial Support Options Available to Students?
- What are the scholarship options available for the students? There are 60 merit scholarships available, as follows:
- 50% tuition fee waiver, 20 available
- 30% tuition fee waiver, 20 available
- 20% tuition fee waiver, 20 available
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? On the basis of score in scholarship test conducted separately with the admission process.
- What are the options of availing a loan? All scheduled public and private sector banks offers education loan facility
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? 85% of the program fee, income documents.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? 12-14% per year
- What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? After completion of course
- Does the Institute/School help in getting a loan? Yes
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel Accommodation Facilities of the School?
- How many intakes in a year and when? One intake in July
- Size of the intake? 150
- What is the % of foreign students in an average class/intake? 0%
- What are the specializations available? There are 9 specializations available:
- Marketing and Business Consulting
- Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- Education Management and Leadership
- Energy and Sustainability
- What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? More than 90%
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? 5.34 lac
- What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this program?
- FMCG and Retail
- Technology Management
- Education Services
- Consumer Durables
- Marketing Research
- Financial Services
- Infrastructure and Reality
- Research and Consulting