School Expert Q&A: SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research answers questions about their program.
About the Program
- Name of the school: S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
- School location: Mumbai
- Year school started: 1981
- Any global ranking: SPJIMR was ranked No. 16 by the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report in the Asia-Pacific region for 2012.
- Name of the program: Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Post Graduate Management Programme for Women (PGMPW)
For GMAT accepting programs, click here
Name of the program: Post Graduate Management Programme for Women (PGMPW)
- NMAT score range: 200+
- Work Experience requirement, if any? Minimum 4 years experience and more than 1 year of career break
- Interview Process: Group Interview and Personal Interview
- Group Discussion process: NA
- Any other requirement in the admissions process: Valid NMAT score, Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university
- How does one apply for the programme? Apply online through institute's official website
- What is the Application fee? Rs.1200 to be paid online on form completion
- Where do I get a copy of the Application form? Apply online through institute's official website
- When does the application process start? The programme has rolling admissions
- What is the last date to apply? For the batch 2022, the last date to apply is October 15, 2021.
- What was the NMAT score cut-off for accepted students for 2020 intake? NA
- What constitutes work experience? Full time work experience of at least 4 years (preferably in team handling profile)
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? As rolling admissions process is followed, the admission office will be in touch once we receive your application. They will confirm the interview dates/timings.
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application? Please share the contact person name and email. You can contact Ms. Pooja Dravidon- 8454038586 or 9819811550. Alternately, you can write on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee and Other Expenses
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a student ? INR 14,15,188/- including applicable taxes and excluding cost of living.
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme? INR 1,30,000/- (approx.) Boarding expenses
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? If yes what? Food cost on actuals
Financial Support Option Available to Students
- What are the scholarship options available for NMAT by GMAC students? NA
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications ? NA
- What are the options of availing a loan? Banks and financial institutions do provide education loan facility
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? The amount and documentation vary across banks and other institutions.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? The interest rate and tenure would vary across banks and other institutions.
- Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? The Institute provides documentation support as required by the Banks
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel Accommodation Facilities of the School/Other Details
- How many intakes in a year and when? Once a year. The web learning components starts in October/November and full time course starts in January/February.
- Size of the intake? Maximum 40 participants/batch
- What are the specializations available? This is a General Management Programme.
- What is the geographical representation of the candidates at your school? Any student exchange programs available at your school? Approx. 50% of the participants come from outside Mumbai City.
- What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? 85%
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? Rs.14.5 lacs
- What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this programme? Banking, Financial Services, IT/ITes, Manufacturing
- Share with us the names of some top recruiters for this programme: Axis Bank, Pidilite Industries, Wolters Kluwer Technology, Mahindra Logistics, Accenture Solutions Pvt. Ltd, etc.
- Does your school run any initiatives to promote classroom diversity? If yes please share details. This programme is meant only for women to promote and support diversity agenda of companies.