The Essential Skills Assessment is owned by the Graduate Management Admission Council (“GMAC”) and provides admissions leaders with insights into a candidate’s ability to complete a graduate management program. We deliver the Essential Skills Assessment through an online test delivery provider, ProctorU.
The Essential Skills Assessment measures skills critical for success in a graduate management program. Candidates will demonstrate their abilities in two (2) sections:
- Verbal Reasoning (10 questions, 20 minutes total)
- Quantitative Reasoning (15 questions, 30 minutes total)
The Essential Skills Assessment does not include scheduled breaks and you are not allowed to leave the room during the assessment. If you leave the room or are not in the field of view of your webcam at any time, the assessment will end, and you will need to retake the assessment at your cost.
Calculators, pens, paper, and other writing instruments are not allowed in the testing area during the assessment. You may have only water in an unmarked cup in your testing space. To ensure a high level of security throughout the assessment experience, you will be monitored during the entire exam. Both audio and video will be recorded.
The test will be delivered to you through your computer’s web browser. You will be asked to digitally acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to GMAC’s Policies and Procedures. If you refuse to sign the acknowledgement, you will not be permitted to commence the Essential Skills Assessment and your assessment fee will not be refunded.
At your testing workstation, before your Essential Skills Assessment can commence, the General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement will be displayed (as shown below). You will need to confirm your agreement by clicking the “I agree” button. If you do not agree to the Non-Disclosure Agreement, you may not proceed to take the assessment, your session will be cancelled, and your assessment fee will not be refunded.
II. Your Results
Your "Unofficial Score Results" will be presented immediately following the completion of the assessment and emailed to you. The school you selected will receive your Official Scores within seven business days.
III. General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement
You will be prompted to agree to the following General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement at your testing workstation prior to commencing the assessment. In order to test, you must agree to comply with and be bound by this Agreement.
I certify that I am the person who is registered to take the Essential Skills Assessment at this time, and that I am at least 18 years old. I also certify that I am taking the Essential Skills Assessment only for a valid educational, employment, or legal purpose.
I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions made available to me at the time I registered for the Essential Skills Assessment:
- The General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement (this section of this document); and
- The Essential Skills Assessment Policies and Procedures (this entire document).
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the GMAC Privacy Statement.
I acknowledge that the terms and conditions include provisions that address:
- Assessment fees, retake and other assessment policies, and results cancellations for irregularities and inappropriate examinee conduct;
- Ownership of the Essential Skills Assessment and all assessment-related records by the Graduate Management Admission Council (“GMAC”);
- The GMAC Privacy Statement, including GMAC privacy policies describing: the collection, processing, use, and transmission of my personal information (including test responses, the digital photograph, signature, and audio and video recording collected at the test center); the disclosure of such data to GMAC, its service providers, any recipient I select to receive my results, and others as necessary to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity or as required by law; and my rights with regard to my personal information; and
- The exclusive remedies available to me in the event of an error in the administration of the assessment.
I understand that the Essential Skills Assessment is a confidential and secure assessment, protected by civil and criminal laws of the United States and elsewhere.
I certify that I have not knowingly accessed “live” Essential Skills Assessment questions or answers that might appear on my assessment and will not discuss the content of the assessment with anyone.
I will not record, copy, or disclose any assessment question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means before, during, or after I take the Essential Skills Assessment (orally, in writing, on any internet “chat room,” via SMS/text, or otherwise).
I understand and agree that if I provide false information or if I violate any of the Essential Skills Assessment rules or procedures, or any other applicable terms or conditions:
- The test proctor may immediately stop my assessment session;
- My results may be canceled, without a refund, and a school receiving my results may be informed of the reason for the cancellation;
- I may be banned from retaking the Essential Skills Assessment, other GMAC assessments, as well as other assessments offered by the testing provider; and
- I may be subject to other consequences, as GMAC deems appropriate.
Candidate Statement: By agreeing below, I agree to these General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement and consent to the collection, processing, use, and transmission of my personal information (including assessment responses, biometric data, digital photograph, signature, and audio and video recording collected during the test) to GMAC and their service providers, any organization I select to receive my results, and others as necessary to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity or as required by law. I understand that the recipients of my personal information may be outside of the country in which I am testing, and such countries may not provide the same level of data protection that my home country provides.
[ ] Agree
V. Scheduling and Cancellation Policies and Procedures
We want this process to be easy for you. Follow these four steps to register for and schedule your Essential Skills Assessment.
Step 1: Understand the Scheduling Policy:
The minimum requirements for scheduling the assessment:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You may take the assessment no more than two times.
- You must sit for the assessment before you register to retake the assessment.
If you are applying for test accommodations for a disability, you must follow the procedures outlined here. You should submit your request for accommodation and wait until you receive a response before you schedule your session.
Step 2: Create an Essential Skills Assessment Account and Select Your Desired School
Create an Essential Skills Assessment account, after which you will be authorized to schedule an appointment to take the Essential Skills Assessment.
Make sure you have entered your first and last name, and date of birth EXACTLY as they appear on the identification you will present to the test proctor.
Select the school that you wish to receive your assessment results. If you retake the assessment, your results will be sent to the institution you selected upon registration.
Step 3: Schedule and Pay for Your Assessment:
After creating your account, you are directed to book your assessment appointment.
If you need to request a testing accommodation, you can do so by following the steps found on Our Commitment to Candidates with Disabilities page. You should submit your request for accommodation and wait until you receive a response before you schedule your session.
You will be required to accept the Essential Skills Assessment Policies and Procedures prior to taking your assessment.
The fee for the Essential Skills Assessment is US$129 (plus any applicable taxes).
You are responsible for the payment of any applicable taxes.
Once purchased, you have 90 days to complete the assessment. If you fail to sit for the exam within 90 days of purchase, you will forfeit your test fee and be ineligible for a refund.
Acceptable forms of payment are the following credit and debit cards*:
- American Express
Additional charge related information:
- Charges on your credit card statement will appear as: “GMAC.”
- If your credit or debit card is declined, you will not be able to book an assessment session.
- If you use a stolen or fraudulent credit or debit card, your registration will be cancelled, any of your previous results may be cancelled, and GMAC may notify both schools and law enforcement authorities.
- If you wrongfully challenge or dispute the fee with your credit card company, you may be banned from taking further exams.
Step 4: Review Your Confirmation Email:
Ensure that your first and last name listed on the confirmation email EXACTLY matches the form of identification you will present to the test proctor. If the name you entered during registration differs from the name on your ID, please call 1-855-772-8678, and select option 1.
Confirm that the Essential Skills Assessment date and time are correct. It is important to note that the time is in 24-hour time; therefore, anything before 11:59 is in the AM.
Test the computer and internet connection that you will be using on test day using the "Test it Out" icon located at the bottom of the exam page. It is critical that this pass, otherwise you will not be able to test.
If you have any problems, please follow the help link(s) and connect with a live support agent.
VI. Rescheduling and Cancellations
Cancellations, refunds, and rescheduling fees apply, depending on when you request the change and applicable laws.
- You may reschedule your appointment without fees up to 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
- Appointments cannot be rescheduled within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment, you will not be entitled to a refund, and will be required to pay the assessment fee again to schedule a new session.
- If you have accommodations with your scheduled appointment, please confirm with GMAC that your session has been scheduled to include approved accommodations.
- Refund: You can cancel your appointment up to 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time by visiting the "Exams" page of your Essential Skills Assessment dashboard. If you do not wish to reschedule your exam, and would like a refund, email us to request a refund. Include your name and purchase confirmation number in your request.
- No Refund: Within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time, the assessment cannot be cancelled, and your assessment fee becomes non-refundable.
Failure to Appear
- You have 15 minutes from their scheduled start time to initiate their test session. Candidates who do not appear 15 minutes from the start of their scheduled exam session will be deemed to have missed their session, and will not be entitled to a refund.
Retaking the Essential Skills Assessment
- If you would like to retake the Essential Skills Assessment, please return to your account on the Essential Skills Assessment website to schedule and pay for your retake. You may take the assessment no more than 2 times.
VII. Check-in Procedure
- Log-in Early. Log-in at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you attempt to initiate your assessment more than 15 minutes after your appointment time, you will be unable to complete the assessment and your fees will not be refunded.
- Check-In. Present identification in compliance with the following Identification (ID) Requirements. Your ID must:
- Be current (not expired)
- Be valid
- Be government issued (student IDs are not acceptable)
- Be the originally issued ID (no photocopies)
- Exactly match the first and last name, and full birth date as the data you entered upon registration.
- Contain a recent, recognizable photo of you and your signature.
Acceptable forms of ID:
- International Travel Passport
- Driver's License
- Military ID (including spouse & dependent)
- Government Issued Identification card (nation/state/province issued)
The test proctoring platform will take a photograph of your government-issued ID.
- Review the Rules. Violations of GMAC’s Policies and Procedures may result in cancelled results, notification to schools, forfeiture of assessment fees, and/or bans on future testing.
- Verify Your Identity and Agree to the Rules.
- Provide digital agreement stating you understand and agree to GMAC’s Policies and Procedures
- Sit for a photograph
VIII. Applicable Privacy Statements
We want you to know:
- Personal Information we collect and how we use it
- What laws are applicable
- Where to view and get the full GMAC Privacy Statement
Ultimately, all data we receive are sent to the US and subject to US law. All US legal proceedings involving our privacy policies must be filed in a court of suitable jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Depending on the schools you select or other products and services you request, your data may leave the US and will be subject to the recipients’ local privacy laws, which may be different than those in your home country.
IX. Assessment Ownership and Test Security
GMAC owns the Essential Skills Assessment questions, answers, and all assessment-related records, including those created during the performance of the assessment. You must not record, copy, photograph, or otherwise attempt to duplicate in any way whatsoever any questions or answers that are on the Essential Skills Assessment.
After the assessment, you must not share, publish, or otherwise disclose any assessment question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means (orally, in writing, on any internet “chat room,” via SMS/text, or otherwise).
X. Policy Violations
Policy violations may result in cancelled results, notification to schools, forfeiture of assessment fees, and/or bans on future testing. Some examples of policy violations are described below. This list is not exhaustive.
Examples of Policy Violations
- Accessing or using a mobile phone or music device after you check in, or while you are testing
- Accessing study guides
- Storing items anywhere other than proctor approved locations
- Having any unauthorized items; prohibited items include a watch, calculator, coat, bag, book, food, and drink
- Falsifying assessment results
- Taking the assessment for someone other than yourself
- Sharing assessment content
- Providing fraudulent payment or cancelling payments
XI. Beware of Cancelled Results
We can report your results ONLY if you follow all the assessment Policies and Procedures.
GMAC and the proctoring service reserve the right to take all action that they deem appropriate if an individual fails to comply with the assessment policies and procedures or the test administrator’s directions.
Note that in some instances, we may cancel your results and notify a school of the cancellation, even if we cannot confirm your direct involvement in the violation. This includes any incident or pattern that causes us to question the validity of your results, such as:
- An incident or pattern that causes us to question the validity of your results
- Administrative or technical errors
- Possible exposure (purposeful or accidental) you may have had to assessment content
- Unusual answer patterns
- Unusual results changes
- Inconsistent performance on different parts of the assessment
- Disruptions during your assessment due to power outage or internet connectivity
We also reserve the right to cancel or withhold any assessment results when, in our judgment, there is a good faith basis to question the validity of a score for any reason. On or after test day, we may withhold or cancel your results, even without prior notice.
When results are cancelled by GMAC due to irregular events that affect the administration of an assessment, you may be offered the option either to retest at no additional fee or to receive a refund of your exam fee (unless GMAC determines you have caused or been involved in the conduct that resulted in the corrective action). If a retest is offered and you select that option, you must retake the entire assessment in order to produce a valid result. These are the exclusive remedies available to test takers whose results are canceled for test administration issues. You will have 15 days from the date of notification to schedule a free retest or request a refund, if either is offered. The free retest can initially be scheduled out as far as 6 months from the date of notification. If you decide to reschedule the assessment for a different date than the retest date you initially selected or for further out than the 6-month period from the date of notification, you will be responsible for paying the full assessment fee.
Limitation of Liability: In no event will Graduate Management Admission Council or its service providers be held responsible for travel expenses, lost wages on the day of the assessment, or any other expenses incurred beyond the cost of the assessment.
XII. Submit a Concern About Your Experience
If you experienced a disruption on assessment day and believe it affected your performance, report the incident by submitting your concern through this form within 15 days of your assessment date.
We will research your concern as quickly as possible and provide you with a response. Please include the date and time of your exam, as well as any details about your concern.
The following are actions we may take at our discretion. These are the only available remedies:
- If we confirm a problem with your registration, your testing experience, or within the assessment you received, we will make reasonable efforts to correct the problem.
- If we cannot correct the problem, you may reschedule your assessment at no additional cost or request a refund.
XIII. Appeal a Decision We Have Made
If you believe we should review a decision we made about your assessment, you may appeal to GMAC Customer Care within 30 days from the date of our decision. Under certain circumstances, we may shorten or extend the 30 days.
IMPORTANT: Results are cancelled if there is a good-faith reason to question their validity. Your appeal must provide information that resolves the issues that led to your results being cancelled.
Please submit your appeal in writing to GMAC Customer Care using this form.