Make Your Decision & Prepare to Enroll
When you receive acceptance letters from a few or even several schools, which one should you choose – and what are your next steps?
First, congratulations on this exciting news! You have put in a lot of hard work to get this far, but now you face another tough decision – which school are you going to attend?
As you begin to narrow down your choices, think about your reasons for choosing these schools in the first place. Ask yourself:
- Which school offers the most support (like concentration and internship opportunities) in the career direction I want to pursue?
- Which school will provide the lifestyle I want and fit my personality and preferences? Where will I be happiest?
- Which school is offering the best financial package?
Hear what the experts have to say about best fit when it comes to school choice:
As you prepare to enroll, here are six steps you can take to stay organized:
- As you hear back from b-schools, look over your options, whether you’ve been accepted, wait-listed, or even denied.
- Make certain that you meet (or can find a way to meet) the program’s enrollment requirements.
- Review your financial needs and decide how to finance your b-school degree.
- Should you work or not? Decide if you can balance your job and school responsibilities.
- Start thinking about some of the changes in your personal life, like housing or finding a part-time job.
- Look into internships to jump-start your future career while you’re still in school.