School Expert Q&A: FLAME
Get answers to your questions about graduate management education from admissions professionals across the globe.
Founded in: 2007
Program name: Two Year Full Time PGDM
- GMAT® score: Accepted
- Work experience requirement: Not mandatory, but recommended
- English proficiency requirement: Candidates are expected to have good verbal and written English communication skills
- Letters of recommendation: Not mandatory, but recommended
- Interview/group discussion? Both are required
- Other criteria: Admission test scores, past academic record, extracurricular activities and achievements and statements-of-purpose are considered
- How do I apply? Online
- What is the application fee? Rs. 2,000/-
- When does the application process start? Usually in October
- What is the last date to apply? The admissions process is conducted in five distinct cycles, all with different deadlines.
- What is the range of GMAT scores for accepted students? 600-650
- Is there a requirement of study prior to applying? Yes, 15 years, the norm in India
- What constitutes work experience? Full time professional
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? Within a week’s time from the date of deadline for each cycle.
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status? Email email@example.com.
Fees & Other Expenses
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a foreign student? At present, FLAME does not admit foreign students.
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the program? Room: Rs. 1,30,000/ ; Board: Rs. 1,00,000/
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? Tuition fees, course material, sports, medical and one-time payable charges: Rs. 5,30,000/- ; Internet: Rs. 13,500/-; transportation: Rs. 4,500/-
- Are on-campus jobs available? No
- What scholarship options are available? We award a range of merit-based scholarships to the best performing candidates at the time of admissions.
- What are the loan options? Bank loans are available.
Academic Life and Job Placement
- How many intakes each year? 1, in June.
- How large is the class? FLAME School of Business:120 students and FLAME School of Communications: 60 students
- What specializations are available? Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Human Resource, Operations Management
- What is the job placement rate within 3 months of graduation? 80%
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? Rs. 5.5 Lakhs
- What industries recruit from this program? Banking and other financial organizations, media, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, automotive, information technology, and retail