Specialized Master's Programs
Specialized master's degrees offer extensive training in a particular field.
Specialized master’s programs were created for individuals whose careers require extensive training in specific fields like accounting, finance, or marketing.
Unlike an MBA, most specialized programs let students matriculate directly from their undergraduate degree, so no work experience is required.
Below is a list of specialized master's degrees and what careers they are best for:
- Master of Science in Finance: If you're interested in financial analysis, investment management, or corporate finance.
- Master of Science in Marketing: If you're looking for a specialized curriculum in branding, strategy, market research, and related areas of focus.
- Master of Science in Industrial Administration: If you're interested in building a career around the intersection of technology and business.
- Master of Healthcare/Hospital Administration: If you're interested in a career in hospital management or the management of other health services organizations.
- Master of Public Accountancy: If you are interested in becoming a Certified Public Accountant, you can choose this option instead of an MBA with an accountancy concentration.
- Master of Science in Management: This one- to three-year program is common in Europe and offers a general management background.