You've got this!
You’re a busy college student. We get it. That’s why we’ve designed a GMAT prep plan just for you—with three main steps. Like anything else, having a solid plan will help you put your best foot forward. Arrive on test day with confidence—you’ve got this!
Step 1: Register
- Download the GMAT Handbook, which outlines everything you need to know before setting foot in your test center.
- Accommodations are available for test taker with disabilities. Learn more.
Step 2: Set a Goal
- Set a personal GMAT goal. Scores range from 200 to 800. Not sure where to begin? You can check score averages to give you a point of reference. The national average is about 550; the most highly selective schools typically look for scores above 700; and then there’s everything in between. Find a score range that is in line with your aspirations and go for it! Read more about score rankings.
- If you know what schools you want to apply to, set your goal by finding the score ranges of your schools of interest.
Step 3: Study
- Familiarize yourself with exam format, question types, and section timing. See GMAT At-a-Glance.
- Download the FREE GMATPrep® software. Take a practice test to find your skills baseline and identify weak areas. Take a second practice test mid-way through to assess progress and refine your study strategy.
- Treat exam prep like a class. Block out 1-3 hours of study time, 3-5 times a week, for 6-8 weeks.
- Practice, practice, practice. Do what works best for you and leverage resources at your fingertips on campus. Struggling with algebra? Find a math major to help you. Study best in groups? Gather some friends and create one. Want more guides and tools? Check these out!
- Take care of yourself! Build in plenty of study breaks. Get lots of sleep. Give yourself a one-week breather between studying and taking the GMAT—your brain will thank you on test day!
There’s no better time than now to take the GMAT. Your test taking abilities are at their absolute peak. Analytical and quantitative skills are fresh in your mind. You have access to the best resources. You’re surrounded by peers who’ll make great study buddies. Test now and jumpstart your future in business!
Get a print friendly version of this plan.