What’s new with the GMAT™ Official Guide 2021 series?
The GMAT™ Official Guide 2021 series has 181 more questions across all 3 unique guides than the 2020 series.
- The GMAT™ Official Guide 2020 contains 998 questions (An additional 174 questions are available in the Online Question Bank).
- GMAT™ Official Guide Verbal Review 2020 contains 347 questions.
- GMAT™ Official Guide Quantitative Review 2020 contains 373 questions.
The additional questions cover areas – based on difficulty level and fundamental skills as defined in the GMAT Enhanced Score Report – that were not as well covered in previous editions of the GMAT Official Guide. (Note that the content areas covered on the GMAT exam have not changed.)
The questions in the Diagnostic Test that used to appear in Chapter 3 of the main GMAT Official Guide have been moved into their own section within the Online Question Bank.
The Online Question Bank for the Official Guide 2021 series – an online tool that allows users to create customized practice sets using questions in the Official Guide series – can now be accessed on mobile devices through the Wiley Efficient Learning mobile app and used in offline mode.
Lastly, over 150 flashcards have been added to the Online Question Bank. These flashcards have been designed to test users on the individual concepts that make up a GMAT question. The flashcards do not use retired GMAT questions; rather they contain simpler problems and explanations of concepts.
What are my other options for studying with official GMAT questions?
In addition to the GMAT™ Official Guides 2020 series, the following GMAT Official Prep products contain real GMAT questions:
- GMAT™ Official Starter Kit + Practice Exams 1 & 2 (Free): 90 free practice questions and two free full-length, computer adaptive practice exams
- GMAT™ Official Practice Questions: 404 additional practice questions
- GMAT™ Official Practice Exams 3 & 4: two additional, unique, full-length, computer adaptive practice exams
- GMAT™ Official Practice Exams 5 & 6: two additional, unique, full-length, computer adaptive practice exams
- GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions
Can I just use an old edition of the GMAT™ Official Guide series?
Yes. The 2020 series offers more questions, but the questions in the old edition can still be useful as a preparation tool.
What is the Online Question Bank and how do I get access to it?
The Online Question Bank is an online tool that allows users to create customized practice sets using questions in the GMAT Official Guide series. Each title in the GMAT Official Guide 2021 series – GMAT™ Official Guide 2021, GMAT™ Official Guide Verbal Review 2021 and GMAT™ Official Guide Quantitative Review 2021 – has its own separate bank of questions.
There are two ways to access the Online Question Bank. One, if you purchased an Official Guide 2021 book, you will find an access code on the inside front cover. Visit gmat.wiley.com to enter your code and get online access to the same questions that are in the GMAT™ Official Guides.
Two, you can purchase the Online Question Bank at https://www.efficientlearning.com/gmat/. This purchase comes with a downloadable e-book version of the corresponding GMAT Official Guide title (i.e., GMAT™ Official Guide 2021, GMAT™ Official Guide Verbal Review 2021 or GMAT™ Official Guide Quantitative Review 2021), available through VitalSource Bookshelf.