School Expert Q&A: GITAM Institute of Management
Get answers to your questions about graduate management education from admissions professionals across the globe.
About the Program?
- Name of the school? GITAM Institute of Management
- School location? Visakhapatnam
- Year school started? 1988
- Any ranking of the school? https://gim.gitam.edu/about-us/rankings-accreditations
- 42nd B-School in India (ranked by The Week)
- 30th in India (by the Outlook)
- 33rd in India (By Business Today)
- 1st in AP (by the Outlook)
- Name of the program? Masters of Business Administration
- NMAT score range? 140 score and above
- Work Experience requirement, if any? No
- Interview Process? Yes
- Group Discussion process? Depends on the pandemic situation
- Any other requirement in the admissions process? Have to apply for the GAT (GITAM Admission Test)
What is the Application Process?
- How does one apply for the programme? The application process is online
- What is the Application fee? Rs.800
- Where do I get a copy of the Application form? The application is available at admissions.gitam.edu
- When does the application process start? The application process started on 1st January 2021
- What is the last date to apply? The last date to apply is 31st July 2021
What is the Admission Process?
- Applicants will have to go through the following process: GAT Test-> Personal Interview round -> Ecounselling
- What was the NMAT score cut-off for accepted students for 2019 intake? 130
- What constitutes work experience? Any paid job
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? After the completion of the GAT Test, the students would be invited for an online personal interview round
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application? Please share the contact person name and email. The helpline number of GITAM is 8880884000. For GITAM Institute of Management, please call Mr. Srikanth (7660000667) or Mr. Mallesh (9948877755)
Fees & other expenses?
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a student? Rs. 792000
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme? Rs. 200000
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? If yes what? Transportation and laptop (if required)
What is the financial support option available to students?
- What are the scholarship options available for NMAT by GMAC students? Up to 100% scholarship
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? Based on their NMAT percentile and GAT, if they have taken the GAT test.
- What are the options of availing a loan? We will facilitate the process by providing all the necessary documents required for the availing the loan
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? The avail loan for the entire expense to be incurred during the program and the documents required by the banks will be provided by us
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? These are as per the banks
- Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? We shall provide the required documents
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel accommodation facilities of the school?
- How many intakes in a year and when? 360 , and the admission cycle spans from April - July
- Size of the intake? 360
- What are the specializations available? MBA , MBA (Business Analytics), MBA (International Business), MBA (Hospital and Healthcare Management). Besides these, there are majors offered in Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR, Logistics and Supply Chain
- What is the geographical representation of the candidates at your school? Any student exchange programs available at your school? 70% students are from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Yes, Student exchange program is available
What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? 92% - 99%
What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? 6-7 LPA
What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this programme? FMCG, Banking, IT, Retail etc.
Share with us the names of some top recruiters for this programme? Amazon, HDFC, TCS, ITC, ICICI, Reliance etc.
Does your school run any initiatives to promote classroom diversity? If yes please share details? We have certain % of marks reserved for diversity during our PI round. Also, we have the international students studying with us.