School Expert Q&A: FLAME University
About the Program
Name of the school? FLAME University
School location? Gat No.1270, Lavale, off. Pune Bangalore Highway, Vadazai, Dist. Pune, 412115, India
Year school started? 2015
Any ranking of the school? Our postgraduate business program has been accepted into the CFA University Affiliation Program.
Name of the program?
- MBA (Communications Management)
Admission Criteria? NMAT score range: 220
Work Experience requirement, if any? Though it is preferred, work experience is not a mandatory requirement.
Interview Process: FLAME University’s admission panel will conduct a Personal Interview (PI). During the PI, students are also asked to record a 60-second video about their views on, 'Why do you want to join FLAME University?'.
Group Discussion process: Instead of Group Discussion, students are required to complete an essay, the topic of which will be provided on the spot. It should be completed in 20 minutes in about ~200-250 words.
Any other requirements in the admissions process? National Level entrance test scores (CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/MH-CET/ NMAT) is a mandatory requirement to apply for MBA and MBA (Communications Management) Programs offered by FLAME University. However, if the applicant feels that the national entrance exam score does not fully reflect his/her academic credentials or potential he/she may opt for PG FEAT.
PG FEAT is optional and can be taken as an additional parameter by the applicants to strengthen their chances of selection
What is the Application Process?
How does one apply for the programme? FLAME University has an online application process. Students are required to provide information such as entrance test scores, personal contact details, educational qualification, work experience (if applicable), achievements / extracurricular activities and statement of purpose, etc. Applicant also need to provide admission cycle preference for PG FEAT (if applicable), Essay & Personal Interview (PI).
What is the Application fee? INR 2,000
Where do I get a copy of the Application form? https://www.flame.edu.in/admissions/apply-to-flame
When does the application process start? The application process starts in the month of December every year.
What is the last date to apply? Depends on different admission cycles and availability of seats.
What is the Admission Process?
Applicants will have to go through the following process. FLAME University has an online application process:
- National Level entrance test scores (CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/MH-CET/ NMAT) is a mandatory requirement to apply for MBA and MBA (Communications Management) Programs offered by FLAME University. However, if the applicant feels that the national entrance exam score does not fully reflect his/her academic credentials or potential he/she may opt for PG FEAT. PG FEAT is optional and can be taken as an additional parameter by the applicants to strengthen their chances of selection.
- Once students have filled in all the details, they proceed with the payment of the application fees.
- Once you have made the payment, you can complete the application form.
- After students submit their application, FLAME University conducts a preliminary screening to shortlist candidates for Essay and Personal Interview (PI).
FLAME University's admission panel will conduct the Personal Interview (PI).
- Essay: Students are required to complete an essay, the topic of which will be provided on the spot. students are required to complete their essay in 20 minutes in about ~200-250 words.
- Personal Interview (PI): FLAME University's admission panel will conduct the PI. During the PI, students will also be asked to record a 60-second video about their views on, 'Why do you want to join FLAME University?'
FLAME University shall evaluate your candidature based on different selection criteria. The admission results would be announced on the application portal as per the admission schedule. If you are selected, you will receive a copy of your offer letter by email.
What was the NMAT score cut-off for accepted students for 2019 intake? NA
What constitutes work experience? Internships, full time / part time work experience is considered favourably. However, this is not a mandatory requirement.
When should I expect an invitation for an interview? After the applicant submits the application, FLAME University will conduct a preliminary screening to shortlist candidates for Essay and Personal Interview (PI). If the applicant is shortlisted, they will be intimated about the date, time and other relevant details of the Essay and Personal Interview.
Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application? The contact person in case of any questions would be Ms. Nikita Jain: +91-20- 67906269
Fees & other expenses
What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a student?
- Total cost MBA program: INR 12,60,000
- Total cost MBA (Communications Management) INR 11,50,000
What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme? The living cost is INR 4,70,000
Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? The living cost mentioned above includes the basic housing facilities (twin sharing rooms with common bathroom facilities shared by the flatmates)
In case students wish to upgrade the housing facilities, charges are as follows:
- Apartment style twin sharing rooms with attached bathroom facilities allocated on a first come first serve basis - additional charges of INR 75,000 will be charged for the duration of the academic year.
- Apartment style twin sharing air-conditioned rooms with attached bathroom facilities allocated on a first come first serve basis – additional charges of INR 90,000 will be charged for the duration of the academic year.
- Additionally, a one-time refundable caution money deposit of INR 70,000 will be charged at the time of admission.
What is the financial support option available to students?
What are the scholarship options available for NMAT by GMAC students?
- Merit Scholarship at the time of admission.
- Sports Scholarship
- Need based financial support
- Merit Scholarship for enrolled students
What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications?
- Merit Scholarship at the time of admission: We award a range of merit-based scholarships to the best performing candidates at the time of admissions. The final internal scores in the admission process are the primary consideration for scholarships.
- Sports Scholarship: FLAME Sports Scholarships are awarded to international/national/state level winners, provided the applicant has participated or is a rank holder under School Games Federation of India (SGFI) or has done the same representing any member association of The Indian Olympic Association (IOA). Only the sports recognized by the SGFI or IOA will be considered.
- Merit Scholarship for enrolled students: To encourage and reward exceptional academic performance, scholarships may be awarded to students who are pursuing a program at FLAME University who fulfil the following conditions:
- Rank in the top 5% in their respective batch.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 8.50.
What are the options of availing a loan? Options available. It can be discussed one-on-one basis once the offer is rolled out.
What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? NA
At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? NA
Does the Institute/School help in getting a loan? NA
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel accommodation facilities of the school?
How many intakes in a year and when? We admit students once a year in the month of July.
Size of the intake?
- MBA: 70
- MBA (Communications Management): 30
What are the specializations available?
- MBA: Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship and Operations
- MBA (Communications Management): Film & Television Management,
- Advertising & Branding, Digital Marketing & Communications
What is the geographical representation of the candidates at your school? Any student exchange programs available at your school?
- We have students applying from over 25 states and over 70 cities across the nation.
- To know more about the student exchange programs, please visit: flame.edu.in/global-connect
What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? 85%
What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? Average (In INR Rs.) - 7 Lacs per annum
What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this programme? BFSI, Consulting, ED Tech, FMCG, Manufacturing, Media & Research, IT/IES, Automobile
Share with us the names of some top recruiters for this programme? HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Kotak, ICICI, Vedanta, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance, Infosys, TCS, Deloitte Consulting, Reliance Mutual Fund, The Outlook Group, National Stock Exchange, JSW, Future Group, Reliance Jio, Asian Paints, ITC, Adani Enterprises, Star Entertainment Media, Leo Burnett, JWT, DDB Mudra, Group M, Vodafone, DNA India, Grey Advertising, L&K Saatchi & Saatchi, Zee TV, Zomato, UTV Bindass, Ogilvy & Mather, Outlook Publishing Group India Pvt Ltd, etc.
Does your school run any initiatives to promote classroom diversity? We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply for the MBA Program such as:
- Diverse undergraduate disciplines (Engineering, Science, Commerce, Arts, Liberal Arts etc.)
- Different mother tongues
- Different cultures
- Gender ratio
- Diverse geographics
- Diverse work experience from across industries and sectors