What to Bring to the Test Center
What follows is a list of items you must bring to the Test Center as well as items that are not permitted.
- Acceptable identification as described in Presenting Proper Identification
- The names of the GMAT® Programs to which you would like to send your GMAT scores (see Sending Your Scores to Schools). Note: you will not be allowed to bring notes with the names of these programs into the testing room.
- The appointment confirmation letter or email you received from Pearson VUE. However, if you do not have your confirmation letter—or were not issued a confirmation letter—you will still be allowed to test if you have a scheduled appointment.
Items Not Permitted During the Test Session
No testing aids are permitted during the test session or during breaks, and there is limited space for you to store your personal belongings. Testing aids include but are not limited to the following:
- Telephones, cellular (mobile) phones, or other communication devices
- Scratch paper
- Calculators or watch calculators
- Watches, stop watches, or watch alarms
- Personal data assistants (PDAs)
- Beepers or pagers
- Photographic devices
- Stereos or radios
- Any other electronic devices that could aid testing
- Books or pamphlets
- Dictionaries, translators, or thesauri
- Pens or any other writing utensils
- Rulers or any other measuring devices
Items Not Permitted at the Test Center
Weapons, including but not limited to firearms, knives, or any object that could be used as a weapon, are prohibited from the test center. These items are not allowed on the premises and may not be stored in the provided lockers. This policy includes off-duty law enforcement officers and persons with conceal and carry permits. Only emergency personnel responding to an incident at a test center are excluded from this policy.
The administrator will provide you with a booklet of five (5) noteboards at the start of your test. If you fill these noteboards during your test, you may request replacements by raising your hand. You may not remove these noteboards from the testing room at any time. Every noteboard must be returned at the end of the test session. You may not take your own noteboard into the testing room.