The GMATPrep® software, available for free to anyone who registers on mba.com, has long given GMAT test takers a realistic sense of what taking the exam is like. Adding GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1 (US$49.99)* not only extends the use of the GMATPrep® software, but also changes the way you can use the software to study for your best GMAT. Now, in addition to the two full-length practice exams (with questions not seen in any other GMAT study product) you already receive with the purchase of GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1 (US$49.99), you also receive enhanced score reporting that provides detailed performance summaries for the quant, verbal, and IR sections.
The practice exams, which use retired GMAT questions and simulate the test experience, will help you become familiar with the different question formats and the pacing required to finish the exam. They’ll also give you a sense of how you may do on the actual test. With the new enhanced score reporting, you can prepare more efficiently by identifying your strengths and weaknesses.
Exam Pack 1 is one of two packs of supplemental content available for purchase. Question Pack 1 (US$29.99), with 404 retired GMAT questions not available in any other study product, was released in 2012. Together, these products give you more study opportunities by extending the use of GMATPrep® software beyond the included 90 questions and two practice exams.
- Download the latest version of the free GMATPrep® software to get an introduction to the GMAT exam.
- Use GMATPrep® Question Pack 1 to get more study questions and customize your prep.
- Get more experience of the real test environment and receive enhanced diagnostics to help focus your studies by purchasing the GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1.
Some test takers prefer to study for the GMAT exam solely using the GMATPrep® software, taking advantage of the ability to select questions by type and difficulty plus the reporting tools that track study progress. With more exams and diagnostic reporting available, your prep strategy may change.
Here are five steps to using Exam Pack 1 in your GMATPrep study plan:
- Try some practice questions in the free GMATPrep® software to get familiar with each question format – there are 15 of each type. You can use the first GMATPrep® practice test to establish a baseline and identify the areas you need to work on.
- Buy Exam Pack 1 and get enhanced score reporting on your completed exams plus two additional full-length computer adaptive exams! Use the enhanced reporting tools to analyze not just which types of questions you should work on but also how long it took you to answer different types of questions.
- Buy Question Pack 1 to get more questions and then customize your practice sessions based on your results from the first practice exam.
- Use the second and third practice exams to work on your pacing, monitor your progress, and become comfortable with the real test environment. You can take the same test more than once, but you will start to see the same questions and so your score may not reflect your actual skill level.
- Take your final practice exam several days before you take the Official GMAT exam to build confidence.
The GMATPrep® software can be used exclusively or with other study products. The more study time you put in, inside or outside GMATPrep® and its additional study packs, the more useful you may find the GMATPrep® reporting tools.
Visit mba.com to download the free GMATPrep® software, purchase the Exam Pack and Question Pack, and learn more about preparing for your best GMAT.
* Exam Pack 1 does not contain new exams or questions, only new reporting.