Six Steps to Incorporating Exam Pack 1 into Your GMATPrep Study
Oct 24, 2013
GMAT Prep, Prepare for the GMAT, Study Tips for the GMAT
The free GMATPrep® software, which includes two full-length practice GMAT exams, has long given GMAT test takers a realistic sense of what taking the GMAT exam is like. Now Exam Pack 1 (US$39.99) gives you two more practice exams with questions not seen in any other GMAT study product. The addition of Exam Pack 1 not only extends the use of GMATPrep software but also changes the way you can use the software to study.
The practice exams, which use retired GMAT questions and the same computer algorithm used in the test, will help you get familiar with the different question formats and the pacing required to finish the exam. They’ll also give you a sense of how you may do on the actual test.
Exam Pack 1 is one of two packs of supplemental content available for purchase: Question Pack 1 (US$29.99), with 404 retired GMAT questions not available in any other study product, was released in 2012. Together, these give you more study opportunities by extending the use of GMATPrep software beyond the included 90 questions and two practice exams.
- Download the latest version of the free GMATPrep software to get an introduction to the GMAT exam.
- Use GMATPrep Question Pack 1 to get more study questions and customize your prep.
- Get more experience of the real test environment by taking the two additional exams available in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1.
We’ve found that some test takers prefer to study for the GMAT exam solely using the GMATPrep software and value being able to select questions by type and difficulty plus the reporting tools that track study progress. With more exams available, your prep strategy may change. Here are six steps to using Exam Pack 1 in your GMATPrep study plan:
- Try some practice questions in the free GMATPrep software to get familiar with each question format – there are 15 of each type. You can use the first GMATPrep practice test to establish a baseline and identify the areas you need to work on.
- Use the reporting tools to analyze not just which types of questions you should work on but also how long it took you to answer different types of questions.
- Read through the answer explanations of questions you answered incorrectly to learn how to avoid the same mistakes next time.
- Buy Question Pack 1 to get more questions and then customize your practice sessions based on your results from the first practice exam.
- Use the second and third practice exams to work on your pacing, monitor your progress, and become comfortable with the real test environment. You can take the same test more than once, but you will start to see the same questions and so your score may not reflect your actual skill level.
- Take your final practice exam several days before you take the Official GMAT exam to build confidence.
The GMATPrep software can be used exclusively or with other study products. The more study time you put in, inside or outside GMATPrep and its additional study packs, the more useful you may find the GMATPrep reporting tools to be. Log on to mba.com to download the free software and purchase the Exam Pack and Question Pack.
For more information about preparing for your best GMAT, visit mba.com.