School Expert Q&A: IMT Ghaziabad
Dr. Shalini Kalia helps answer questions about getting an MBA at IMT Ghaziabad.
Dr. Shalini Kalia with more than 14 years of teaching experience is an Associate Professor and Admissions Chairperson at IMT Ghaziabad. Other than research papers, case studies and articles, she has co-authored the following 6 books- “Business Communication: A Practice Oriented Approach”; “Campus Placements: Ensure you don’t remain unplaced”, “Promoting Socio-Economic Development Through Business Integration”; “Effective Teamwork- Ten Steps for Technical Professions”; “Meeting Management”; and “Customer Relationship Management”.
About the Program
- Name of the school: Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- School location: Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Year school started:1980
- Any global ranking: 12th overall and 4th in Private by Business World in 2016, 12th overall by Business Today, ranked Platinum Category by AICTE-CII
- Name of the program: Post Graduate Diploma In Management (PGDM) & PGDM Dual Country Program (DCP)
- GMAT® score:
- For domestic applicants: 650
- For international applicants: 550 for the regular PGDM, 500 for PGDM DCP
- Work experience requirement: Work experience is not mandatory. We consider candidates both with and without work experience, and assign different weightages in the selection process according to their profile.
- English proficiency requirement: Though IMT does not require any certifications for English proficiency, applicants are expected to be comfortable in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Letters of recommendations: Not required.
- Interview/group discussion:
- For domestic applicants: The selection process, conducted in February every year, has the following three components: Critical Thinking Test, Group Exercise and Personal Interview (CT-GE-PI process). The final merit of the candidate is a cumulative weighted average which has the Academic Scores, Work Experience (if applicable) and the scores obtained during the CT-GE-PI process.
- For international applicants, candidate selection takes place via a Skype interview.
- Others: For domestic applicants, the CAT and XAT entrance exams are also accepted.
- How does one apply for the program? Via online applications
- What is the application fee?
- For domestic applicants: INR 2000/-
- For international applicants: 30 USD
- Where do I get a copy of the application form? Applications available online only at www.imt.edu/admissions
- When does the application process start?
- For domestic applicants: For 2017-19, the applications opened in September 2016.
- For international applicants: For 2017-19, the applications opened in April 2017.
- What is the last date to apply?
- For domestic applicants: For 2017-19, the applications closed on 5 February 2017
- For international applicants: For 2017-19 , the applications will close on May 15, 2017
- What is the range of GMAT scores for accepted students?
- For domestic applicants: 650
- For international applicants: 550 for PGDM, 500 for PGDM DCP
- Is there a requirement of 16 years of study prior to applying? No, we take 10+2+3 and above which is equivalent to 15 years of education.
- What constitutes work experience? Duration & quality of work are evaluated.
- Is there a minimum cut off for TOEFL/IELTS/PTE test scores? No, these scores are required for admission process.
- Who should letters of recommendation come from? N/A
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview?
- For domestic applicants: For 2017-19, the interview calls were sent in 1st week of February.
- For international applicants: For 2017-19, Skype interviews will be conducted in mid-May 2017.
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?
Fees & Other Expenses
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a foreign student? The fee structure of our programmes (for international applicants) is available at : https://www.imt.edu/admissions/international-applicants/fee-structure/
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme? Mess & hostel fees are included in the fee structure above.
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? No.
- Are there any job opportunities on campus that can be pursued while the programme is on, to lower the overall cost impact? No.
Financial Support Options
- What are the scholarship options available for the students? Merit cum means scholarships are offered in the second year which comprises Late Shri Mahindra Nath ji Memorial scholarship of INR 1,00,000 to 7 students. In addition to this Vishit Jain Memorial scholarship of INR 1,00,000 is given to one student.
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? Merit and means.
- What are the options of availing a loan? IMT has tieups with Indian Bank; CREDILA, an HDFC Ltd. Company; and Punjab National Bank (PNB) for availing education loans by candidates who get an admission offer from IMT. Candidates can avail the facility at a competitive rate of interest subject to the terms and conditions of the banks. Candidates may contact the banks directly for further information. The relevant contact information is available at our website at https://imt.edu/pdf/education-loan.pdf
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? This information depends on the bank’s terms and conditions, and may be obtained by contacting them directly as explained above.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? This information depends on the bank’s terms and conditions, and may be obtained by contacting them directly as explained above.
- Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? Candidates may contact the banks directly via the information provided on our website in order to process the loan.
- How many intakes in a year and when? The number of sanctioned seats for the PGDM and PGDM DCP programs is 660. The sessions starts in June.
- What is the % of foreign students in an average class/intake? Not fixed.
- What are the specializations available? Marketing, Finance, Information Management and Analytics, Operations Management, Human Resources, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? 100%.
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? 11.46 lakhs
- What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this program?
- ITES / IT Consulting