School Expert Q&A: IIM Indore
IIM Indore answers questions about their program.
About the Program?
- Name of the school? IIM Indore
- School location? Indian Institute of Management Indore, Prabandh-Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road, Indore (M.P.) - 453556
- Year school started? 1996
- Name of the program? Post Graduate Program in Management
- GMAT® score: Minimum Score of 700
- Work Experience requirement: N/A
- English Proficiency requirement: N/A
- Letters of recommendations: Yes
- Interview/Group Discussion: Written Ability Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI)
What is the Application Process?
- How does one apply for the programme? Interested and eligible candidates need to send the duly filled-in Application Form
- What is the Application fee? USD $ 100
- Where do I get a copy of the Application form? IIM Indore’s official website (www.iimidr.ac.in)
- When does the application process start? Tentatively during December-January
- What is the last date to apply? January second week
What is the Admission Process?
- What is the range of GMAT scores for accepted students? Not available as last year no candidate applied through GMAT
- Is there a requirement of 16 years of study prior to applying? No.
- Who should letters of recommendation come from? Teacher/ Employer
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview? During February
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status? Admissions Office, IIM Indore
Fees & other expenses?
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a foreign student? Tuition and hostel charges for two years- Rs. 21 Lakh
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the program? About Rs.10000/- per month for food etc.
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? Cost of text books, travel etc.
- Are there any job opportunities on campus that can be pursued while the programme is on, to lower the overall cost impact? Summer internships at the end of first year. Live projects.
What is the financial support option available to students?
- What are the scholarship options available for the students? Central Sector scholarships, state scholarships, NHFDC scholarships, Post Metric Scholarships, based on the eligibility criteria of the Central/State Governments. The Institute has its own scheme of “Need Based Financial Assistance (NBFA)” which is based on family income.
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications? In case of scholarships by Central/State government, its application is governed by the eligibility criteria of such schemes. In case of NBFA of the Institute, the criteria is the family income.
- What are the options of availing a loan? Scholar/Education loan from banks
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required? Students can avail education loan to cover the cost of the program.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid? Rate of interest and repayment terms are as per the banks from where the loans are taken.
- Does the Institute/School help in getting loan? A good number of banks are offering bank loan to the students. The State Bank of India in campus is also offering bank loans to students.
Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel accommodation facilities of the school?
- Size of the intake? The intake for PGP is 450 (there is no separate seats for GMAT applicants, it is included in the total intake of 450)
- What is the % of foreign students in an average class/intake? N/A
- What are the specializations available? Domains like Analytics, BFS, and FMCG etc.
- What % of the batch finds jobs within 3 months of graduation? 100% placements.
- What is the mean starting salary of a class after graduation? Average package of PGP 2015-17 & IPM 2012-17 was 16.23 LPA
- What are the key sectors represented in recruiters for this program? Consulting, BFSI, IT/ITES, Ecommerce, FMCG, Manufacturing, Telecom etc.