How long does the assessment take?The exam is a 50-minute timed exam. You should plan for a total of about 65 as it will take the proctor approximately 15 minutes to secure your environment.
Who should take the Essential Skills Assessment?You should take the Essential Skills Assessment if the program you are applying to requires or recommends it. The Essential Skills Assessment is not a GMAT or Executive Assessment replacement.
What type of questions are on the assessment; how many are there?
There are 15 quantitative and 10 verbal questions on the exam.
How can I prep for the assessment?
The Essential Skills Assessment is a no-prep assessment; you may view sample items here. You may also familiarize yourself with the exam interface by logging into your account and taking the Platform Tutorial.
How is the assessment scored?
The total possible number of points is 15; 10 for quantitative and 5 for verbal.
How many times can I take the test?
At this time, you may take the assessment a maximum of two times.
What accommodations are available?
Accommodations are available for test takers who meet certain eligibility criteria and submit proper documentation of a disability with their request. Learn more about submitting an accommodations request.
How can I test my computer before my appointment?
Log in and select the Test it Out icon at the bottom of the page from the computer and network where you will be testing. If your system does not fully pass:
• Confirm you are using either Chrome or Firefox - no other browsers are supported.
• If you are unable to pass the system check after confirming your browser, computer, and internet meet the minimum requirements, please select help and connect to a live agent to resolve the technical issue. If your system does not pass you will be unable to test.
What are the workspace requirements?
• The examination must be taken in a well-lit, private, and secure environment. Taking the exam in a public environment (e.g., cafes) is not permitted.
• Make sure you are in a clean environment. You cannot have electronics, papers, or other items in the area where you are testing.
• You are permitted to have water in a clear, spill-proof container with no label.
• Using pens, pencils, highlighters, calculators, scrap paper, phones, and other electronic devices are prohibited during the exam.
When will I get my score?
You will receive your unofficial score on the screen immediately after submitting your exam and an email with the unofficial score within 24 hours.
Can I cancel my score?
At this time, you may not cancel your score.
Can I use scratch paper?
No, there is an online notepad you can use as scratch paper.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
You may reschedule your exam up to 24 hours before their scheduled session at no cost. Exam sessions cannot be rescheduled within 24 hours of a scheduled session, and refunds will not be granted for missed testing sessions.