GMAT™ Exam Aadhaar Card Pilot
GMAT™ Exam Aadhaar Card Pilot
Thank you for considering participation in our GMAT™ exam Aadhaar Card pilot.
All participants will receive an Amazon Pay eGift Card of INR 500 (500 hundred rupees) as a token of our appreciation.
In return, we are asking that you provide us with your Aadhaar Card–in addition to your passport – during your GMAT™ exam check-in process.
Your participation and feedback will help us understand your ID validation experience relative to the passport. Our goal is to provide you with the added flexibility of an alternative ID, and your experience will help us determine the feasibility of using the Aadhaar Card as an acceptable form of identification.
Get all the details below:
Who is eligible to participate in the Aadhaar Card pilot?
The following four requirements must be met in order to participate in the Aadhaar Card Pilot:
1. Eligible Test Centers. You must have a GMAT™ Exam appointment scheduled at one of these four participating test centers:
- Pearson Professional Center – New Delhi
- Pearson Professional Center – Bangalore
- Pearson Professional Center – Mumbai
- Agile Technologies and Solutions – Kolkata
Note: The pilot is only available at the test centers listed above and is not applicable to the GMAT Online exam.
2. GMAT™ Exam Appointment Date. Your appointment is between August 27, 2020 and October 31, 2020. Our promotion will not be available after October 31, 2020.
3. Acceptable Identification. On the day of your upcoming GMAT™ exam, you must bring with you to the test center:
- Your valid passport; and
- A clean paper print-out (color or black and white)of your e-Aadhaar Card, printed recently from the UIDAI website. (see example)*
*A physical laminated copy of your card will not be accepted
Note: You must have your passport with you at all times.
4. Survey Completion. Within two weeks of your exam, complete a short survey regarding your check-in experience.
Answers to Common Questions
Who is eligible to participate in the Aadhaar Card Pilot?
In order to participate in the Aadhaar Card Pilot you must meet all the following conditions:
- You must have a GMAT Exam appointment scheduled at one of these four participating test centers:
- Pearson Professional Center – Delhi (Barakhamba Road)
- Pearson Professional Center – Bangalore (Lalbagh Road)
- Pearson Professional Center – Mumbai (Andheri)
- Agile Technologies and Solutions - Kolkata
- Your GMAT Exam appointment is between August 27, 2020 and October 31, 2020.
- On the day of your upcoming GMAT exam, you must bring with you to the test center:
- Your valid passport; and
- A clean print-out (color or black & white) of your e-Aadhaar Card.
- Within two weeks of your exam, complete a short survey regarding your check-in experience.
Why is GMAC doing this pilot?
GMAC is committed to continually enhancing the test taking experience for our candidates. We believe that the Aadhaar Card can provide additional flexibility and convenience to our test takers as an acceptable form of ID for the GMAT exam. Determining the feasibility of the use of an Aadhar Card as an acceptable and convenient form of identification for the GMAT™ exam is part of this commitment.
What version of the e-Aadhaar Card do I need to have?
You will be required to bring a printed (color or black & white) copy of your e-Aadhaar, that contains a secure QR code that can be successfully scanned by the “Aadhaar QR Scanner” app from UIDAI. We encourage you to download the app, which is available on the Google Play store and Apple App store for free, to confirm that your card can be successfully scanned by the app before arriving at the test center for your appointment. If your card is the incorrect version, the message, “This is not a UIDAI compliant QR code.” will display on the app.
Please refer to this example for what the print out needs to look like.
A physical laminated copy of your card will not be accepted.
Can I get a physical laminated copy of my Aadhaar card?
How do I obtain my e-Aadhaar Card?
You can obtain your e-Aadhaar card, no matter what date it was issued, by going to UDIAI website and following the instructions for accessing, downloading, and printing it. This will give you a version of your e-Aadhaar Card with an encrypted QR code that can be read by the scanning software at the test center. The UIDAI website can be found at: https://uidai.gov.in/
Am I required to show my Aadhaar Card when checking in for my exam?
No, in compliance with the Supreme Court of India ruling, you will be allowed to voluntarily present your printed e-Aadhaar Card for verification after the Test center Administrator (TA) has verified your passport. You are not required to present your e-Aadhaar Card if you do not wish to do so. However, in order to successfully participate in the pilot program and be eligible for the eGift Card, we require that you allow it to be scanned for verification.
Do I need to still bring my passport? Why?
Yes, you are required to bring your passport with you, as the passport is the required and acceptable form of ID verification. Through this pilot, we will be able to evaluate if the Aadhaar Card can be used an alternate and acceptable form of ID. We also want to ensure that you have a smooth check-in and testing experience, in case there are any issues with your Aadhaar card scanning and validation.
Can I still test if I don’t present an e-Aadhaar Card or if my e-Aadhaar Card scan does not work?
Yes, if you do not bring your e-Aadhaar Card to the test center or the scan of your card does not work, you will still be able to test.
What happens if one of the Test Centers participating in this pilot closes due to COVID-19?
Depending on the circumstances, GMAC may extend or cancel the pilot after evaluating the situation at all participating test centers collectively.
How will my e-Aadhaar Card information be used, stored or shared?
The GMAT Test Administrator at your test center will only scan and verify that the information on your e-Aadhaar Card is consistent with the information on your mba.com candidate profile and your GMAT registration record. Your Aadhaar Card number or any other information from your Aadhaar Card will not be stored or recorded by the TA or shared in any way.
How and when will I receive my eGift Card?
Within two weeks of your GMAT Exam appointment, you will receive a post-exam survey regarding the use of the e-Aadhaar Card and your experience. This survey will be sent to the email address used to register for the exam. Upon completion of this survey, you will receive your eGift Card via email within two weeks. Please note that you must complete this survey to receive your incentive.