Part-Time MBA Programs
Designed for working professionals, part-time MBA programs allow students to work full-time during the day and attend classes in the evening or on weekends.
Part-time programs are popular among career enhancers—those who have experience and want to further their career in a chosen field. They are also a smart choice if you already have a network in your field to help you change jobs.
Learn more about Males in Part-Time Programs
Learn more about Females in Part-Time Programs
- Courses are scheduled year-round
- Commuting is more common than relocation
Part-time programs vary in course requirements. Some require fewer courses by focusing on core knowledge without options for specialization, allowing you to earn your degree faster. For those that require the same number of courses as a full-time program, you will take one to two courses each semester over four or five years to fulfill coursework requirements.
Flexible learning environment:
- Classes are scheduled outside standard business hours
- Students develop work-related skills without interrupting their career
- Students can bring challenges at work into the classroom and explore workable solutions
- If your employer does not offer tuition reimbursement;or you do not want to take on large debt at once, the cost of attending is extended over a longer period of time
- No internships
- Scholarship money may not be available
- Career services may be limited
- Distance learning coursework may not be available or may be limited, making it difficult for those who travel or relocate frequently to complete a part-time MBA degree
- Credits from part-time programs are most likely not transferable to full-time programs