Meeting Enrollment Requirements
You’re in! Now it’s time to turn your attention to enrollment details.
Once you submit your acceptance, take a deep breath, relax a bit, and then revisit the school’s enrollment requirements to make sure you don’t miss anything.
School enrollment requirements generally include matriculation forms and deposits. Send those in immediately, along with any other forms the school requires.
- Mark all deadlines on your calendar
- Make note of any other conditions you must meet
Prerequisites are required courses a b-school requires you to complete before you enroll in their program. If you have any academic shortcomings, a school may ask you to take specific courses before enrolling, such as a calculus, computing technology, or statistics class.
- Double-check any coursework conditions or prerequisites you must complete before starting your program.
- Register for prerequisite courses early enough to complete all requirements in time to begin your program as planned.
Even if you are not required to complete any prerequisite courses, consider taking classes in calculus, statistics, and economics so you are ready to go on the first day of class. If you have been out of school for a while, it is likely some review would be really helpful, even if you study on your own.
While it is best to take courses before applying, definitely take them before enrolling.
- Check out the products and tools in our MBA.com store, like the GMAT Business Ready™ Collection, a comprehensive online program that lets you review essential business school skills at your own pace.
- Consider brushing up on your writing skills with MYAccess!® Professional Edition.
- Ask your school about pre-matriculation programs that start just before the academic year to help incoming students prepare.