6 Keys to a Great Application
There’s no magic formula that will guarantee admission to business school, but these 6 tips will help ensure a strong application.
Admissions staff has a big job. They must fill a limited number of spaces by making the best selections from among a large pool of applicants. During this process, staff weigh every element of your application on its merits and make critical judgments about what is most important.
Get advice from our panel of b-school admissions experts on what mistakes to avoid when assembling your application.
To ensure your application is as strong as possible and accurately represents you, double check it against our list:
- Clearly state your goals on your application as they relate to a particular program’s strengths, limitations, content, and culture
- Meet the school's minimum qualifications
- Submit strong letters of recommendation
- Highlight how your work experience and extracurricular activities have developed your leadership skills
- Clearly state in interviews and essays why you want to earn a degree and how you will use it
- Be open and honest