You are not required to register with mba.com. Much of the content on the site can be accessed even if you are not a registrant. However, to access a greater variety of products and services at mba.com, we ask that you submit your personal information to GMAC®.
We clearly identify data that must be provided for us to deliver the various products, services, and information that you may request. Depending on your choices, we will require different types of information. You may also choose to provide additional or optional information to enhance the services provided to you. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Basic contact information, including full name, address, telephone or facsimile number, and email address
- Mymba.com profile settings including user and opt-in preferences (e.g., participation in the GMASS® service)
- Background information, such as demographics and education
- Email addresses in connection with the “Email to a Friend” feature in the mba.com school search service, which allows you to send a one-time email to a friend and does not store the email address (Note: GMAC will not send any messages beyond the initial introduction communication without first obtaining opt-in consent from those individuals)
- Contact and shipping information, as well as purchase history, for purchases through the mba.com store, hosted by our e-commerce vendor, asknet AG.
- Payment, contact and other registration information required to take the GMAT® test or for related services, facilitated by Pearson VUE, a business of NCS Pearson, Inc., and its payment vendor (see Special Notes for GMAT Test Takers)
- Data used to verify and authenticate your identity during GMAT registration and at test centers, and to help the recipients of your GMAT score verify your identity (see Special Notes for GMAT Test Takers)
- Contact and usage information for products offered by strategic partners including ITS (GMAT Focus®), Peregrine Partners (CareerLeader®), and Vantage (GMAT Write® and My Access® Professional Edition).
In addition, during your visit to mba.com, GMAC collects information regarding your use of the site (i.e., pages visited, files downloaded). This information is used to understand the habits of mba.com users and improve the products, services, and content offered.
Third party websites and Social Media
We may also collect information via third party web sites such as Google, or via social media such as Twitter and Facebook. This information may include your username, email address, website visited, content posted, IP address, nationality, language, and other publicly available demographics. This information is used to improve the products and services that we offer, to identify and resolve customer service issues, and to provide the information and services you request.
You may also submit, or we may collect, information via mobile devices. This may occur via the mobile version of mba.com or via official GMAT apps. Depending on the mobile service used, this information may include your name, email address, location, and other site usage information similar to what we collect when you visit mba.com on non-mobile devices. This information is used to improve our products and services in addition to providing you the products and services you request.
GMAC websites are not directed toward children, defined in the United States by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) as individuals under age 13, and we ask that children not submit any personal information to us. If you would like to take the GMAT test and are between the ages of 13 and 18, please review “Test Takers Under Age 18” in the GMAT Handbook or contact GMAT Customer Service.
User Submitted Content
GMAC has established a number of ways with which you may communicate with other users and with GMAC including responding to blog posts and submitting contact requests. All user communications made to or through mba.com are referred to as "User-Submitted Content." To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. For information concerning our use of User-Submitted Content, please see the mba.com Terms & Conditions.