Data Uses and Your Choices
Purposes of Information Collection
We use the information we collect for many purposes, including, but not limited to, those listed below. (See Special Notes for GMAT® Test Takers and Special Notes for Survey Participants.)
- Allow you to create and update a My mba.com profile and manage your data and preferences through this profile as well as through GMAC® Customer Service or GMAT Customer Service (for test takers)
- Provide the services you request from mba.com, such as saving searches of graduate business school programs, downloading software, and purchasing products and services using the mba.com store
- Register you for the GMAT test, as well as allow you to reschedule or cancel test appointments, order additional score reports, and view past and future test appointments
- Contact you concerning MBA programs and services, if you opt in
- Contact you regarding participation in surveys
- Provide you with other information you have requested, such as information regarding our products and services
- Authenticate and verify the identity of test takers including comparing certain data collected at the test centers against those of previous test takers (See Special Notes for GMAT Test Takers for additional information)
- Maintain the integrity and quality of our products and services, customize site content to meet your specific needs, and make technical improvements to mba.com
- Allow you to opt into additional programs and services offered by GMAC, such as the GMASS® Service. Through this service, your contact and background information, along with your GMAT score range (if available), may be shared with strategic partners and corporate affiliates of GMAC that share its commitment to creating access to graduate business education. These partners may provide you with information about graduate business schools, scholarship-granting organizations, job opportunities, and other products and services (click here for further information on the GMASS service).
GMAC does not sell, rent, or share your personal information to third parties for promotional or other purposes unless you have opted into communications from such third parties.
Choices and Control of Your Personal Information
As an mba.com website registrant you may access your Mymba.com profile at any time to modify or delete inaccuracies in your personal information. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information you provide on this site and for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information through keeping your user ID and password secure. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
You may manage your opt-in preferences related to receiving information about or participating in programs and services offered by GMAC through your My mba.com profile, GMAC Customer Service, or GMAT Customer Service (for test takers). You may elect to receive the following:
- Information about graduate business schools, scholarship-granting organizations, job opportunities, and other products and services from strategic partners and corporate affiliates of GMAC that share its commitment to creating access to graduate business education.
- Financial aid information
- Information about recruiting events
- Information about preparing to enroll in an MBA program
- GMAT preparation and other test-related information
- News and information about mba.com and GMAC
- Information about other GMAC products and services
If you no longer desire to use mba.com, you may request to have your My mba.com profile deactivated or deleted using the contact information provided below, or by contacting GMAC Customer Service. Inactive accounts will be subject to appropriate retention and archiving procedures to support the Council’s business needs and legal and integrity requirements. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When you register for the GMAT test, you will be required to agree to the terms and conditions stated in the GMAT Information Bulletin which include testing policies and rules, restrictions around test records and score data, and descriptions of the use and disclosure of such information and your personal information. Please review Special Notes for GMAT Test Takers regarding access, modification, rectification, data integrity, and retention of GMAT test taker information.
See Special Notes for mba.com Users and Registrants, Special Notes for GMAT Test Takers, and Special Notes for Survey Participants for further information on Data Use and Choice.