Official Rules: #MBAChat Competition
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ENTRY INTO THIS COMPETITION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. THIS IS A SKILL COMPETITION AND CHANCE PLAYS NO PART IN THE DETERMINATION OF WINNER.
1. TERM & ELIGIBILITY
. The #MBAChat Competition (hereinafter, “Competition”)
will be open during the posted time of the scheduled Twitter chat. (the “Term”). To be eligible to enter the Competition you must be above the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside at the time of entry and have a valid Twitter.com
account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Term and to claim a prize. Employees, officers, and directors of the Graduate Management Admission Council® and their subsidiaries and their immediate families and those living in their households, are not eligible to participate in the Competition. Void where prohibited OR RESTRICTED. This is a skill competition and chance plays no part in the determination of a winner.
2. SPONSOR. Graduate Management Admission Council®, 11921 Freedom Drive, Suite 300, Reston VA, 20190 USA, is the sponsor of the Competition (“Sponsor” or “GMAC®”). The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter.
3. TO ENTER & WIN. During the Term, eligible persons may receive an entry by (i) submitting a question during the #MBAChat and (iii) including the hashtag “#MBAChat.” The participant who poses the most compelling question and generates the most interest from others during the Term will be deemed the winner of the prize, which is a free download of one set of 3 retired, downloadable, web-based GMAT® paper tests (approximate retail value US $29.99) (the “Prize”). GMAC, in its sole discretion, will evaluate the questions to determine the winner. The potential winner will be given a secure code after the Term to download the Prize. If no questions are received, then no prize will be awarded. If identical questions are received, Sponsor will select the entry that appears first without regard to any time stamp. Sponsor’s decisions on all matters pertaining to the Competition are final. Winner is responsible for any and all taxes, delivery fees, and/or costs related to the processing, maintenance, set up or receipt of the Prize by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the questions posed by participants.
NOTE: Your entry will not be valid unless: (a) it includes the “#MBAChat” tag; (b) it meets the Tweet Requirements described below, and (c) it is posted during the Term.
TWEET REQUIREMENTS: Ineligible responses include responses that are not related to the Competition topic, the GMAT® exam or graduate management education, that do not comply with the Twitter Rules, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortuous, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Competition, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Tweet Requirements”).
All entries become the property of Sponsor. They will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries, or for any computer-related, online, telephonic, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If you are entering on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and your company. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized Twitter account holder who submitted the question first. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder associated with the selected entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts and the posting of the same “Tweet” multiple times. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. Additionally, any participant that posts the same “Tweet” multiple times will be disqualified.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via Twitter within approximately two (2) hours of the end of the Term. Potential winner will have seven (7) business days from notification to claim his or her prize. The Prize may be claimed by downloading the Prize at www.mba.com/store using the code provided by GMAC. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, officers and directors, advertising and Competition agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and their respective agents will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by winner permitted. All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If a potential winner declines the Prize, fails to claim the Prize or ignores the Prize notification, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Official Rules, or is ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. If the Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or ignored, that prize is forfeited and Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the Prize, winner consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name and Twitter handle for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media worldwide (including winner list) without additional compensation or notification. The first name and first initial of the last name of the winner may be posted on the Sponsor’s website(s).
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. By participating, entrants and winner release Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., and their affiliates, parent, and subsidiary companies, employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Competition, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Competition and the awarding and use of the prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Competition entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Participants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) that the decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Competition.
6. LAWS. This Competition shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA without effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and the federal law of the United States.
7. WINNER LIST. The Twitter handle of the winner will be posted on Twitter after the Term has ended and a prize has been awarded.