Five Steps to Your Degree
You've decided to get a graduate management degree. What's next?
While there are no short cuts, following these proven five-steps will streamline the process:
- Assess Your Strengths: Whatever your future goals may be, the first step is to take an objective look at yourself—your past experience, your motivation, and your abilities—through a detailed self-assessment.
- Decide Your Career Path: The best time to think about the future is now—especially when it comes to your career. Whether you’re already immersed in the working world or just about to enter, it’s in your best interest to start planning for your future now.
- Know How You Fit: Whether it’s in an interview or in your application, admissions representatives will want to know whether your profile and abilities are a good fit for their programmes. They also want to be certain that you can succeed academically and professionally. Reflect on your interests as they relate to programme offerings, highlight your abilities, and make a convincing case that you are a strong, compatible candidate.
- Study For and Take the GMAT® Exam: Plan your preparation. Start well in advance to study for the GMAT exam. Register on mba.com for access to free preparation materials, and learn about additional products that will help you plan your approach and prepare for the test.
- Choose a School and Program: How should you select the graduate business school and program that best matches your present interests and future career goals? There are many factors to weigh in making your choice.